"~ Bharatpur ~" Top 5 Page for this destination Bharatpur by Canadienne

Bharatpur Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 239 photos

The Keoladeo Ghana National Park is a bird sanctuary in Bharatapur. It's the main reason for visiting the town for most visitors (myself included).

The park is to thousands of birds in a relatively small area. Our guide pointed out and identified more birds than I could keep up with ~ egrets, storks, herons, kingfishers, spoonbills, geese, mallard ducks and the eagles as well. I'm not a bird-watcher by nature, but it was a calm and beautiful place to pass some time.

North of Bharatpur, the town of Deeg offers a palace complex with a fantastic integration of buildings with the surrounding lakes. All told though, I'd recommend staying and exploring the park for a bit longer and leaving Deeg off your list.

• Last visit to Bharatpur: Dec 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2003

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 3:12 PM

the sunset pic been on VT's feature page, so I had to come:-) found an amazing place!

• namiewa's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 3:36 AM

wow, fantastic sunset aye.. really cool view thanks for sharing and keep it up posting...ciao more travels for you and to ur baby.

• Jun 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM

The sunset picture is simply amazing......

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 8:44 PM

Your Bharatpur sunset pic is one of the best sunset pix I've come across!

• Astralka's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 4:01 PM

no matter that I never liked sunset photos, your Intro picture is simply an exception! I discovered that you made amazing India VT pages. I hope to find time to browse them soon! Thanks!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 3:28 AM

I really wish we`d had longer here............do you know there is now a tiger at the park ? a perfect sunset picture here, you have every reason to be proud of it

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 9:28 PM

Wow, that sunset pix is pure magic!!!!! Simply spectacular!

• Docu2001's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 12:54 PM

Thank you for the tour Stevie ... Cheers, Doc

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2003 at 8:08 AM

Wonderful Stevie! But the Sunset picture is the best!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 2:38 PM

Wow you saw a python. I thought Bharatpur and Keoladeo was one of my favourite experiences in India. A definite must see if you are up by Agra and Jaipur. Great page.

Badges & Stats in Bharatpur

Have you been to Bharatpur?

Latest Activity in Bharatpur