Chittaurgarh Things to Do Tips by Canadienne Top 5 Page for this destination
Chittaurgarh Things to Do: 19 reviews and 44 photos
Padhmini's Palace, Chittaurgarh
I'm fairly certain this building to the left is the Padhmini's Palace, which has a small lake pavilion next to it.
The first siege of the fort, in 1303, was focused not only on taking the land, but also on taking Rani Padhmini, who was a renowned beauty.
Most of the monuments, gates and towers in the fort are in a state of partial ruin. . .which adds to the atmpshere. It's easy to pass hours here, wandering among the buildings, imagining sieges and battles.
Fateh Prakash Palace
I am pretty sure this is the Fateh Prakash Palace, which now holds a small museum (I didn't make it inside).
This palace is a more recent addition to the grounds of the fort.
Detail on Tower, Chittaurgarh
The tower has carved balconies at each story, as well as incredible detail in the carved gods and goddesses that adorn every inch of it.
This photograph shows the carvings around the base of the tower.
Vijay Stambh, Chittaurgarh
The Vijay Stambh, meaning Victory Tower, is the tallest most visible fo the towers from a distance. It rises 37 metres (nine stories) and was built during the 15th-century, to commemorate the Maharana's victory ofver the Muslim rulers of Malwa and Gujarat.
Notice how small the people to the bottom right of the tower are. . .
Detail of Kirti Stambh
The tower is 22 metres high and is covered with carvings of the different members of the Jain pantheon. This photograph shows a bit more of the detail that went into each of the towers.
Kirti Stambh, Chittaurgarh
The Kirti Stambh, or Tower of Fame, was built in 12th century and is dedicated to Adinath, the first Jain Tirthankara (Fordmaker or spiritual leader).
Canadienne's Related Pages
Chittaurgarh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Once a Mighty Rajput Kingdom"
- "~ Chittaurgarh ~"
- "Chittaurgarh - Beautiful Fort"
- "Chittaurgarh - Love, War and Jauhar"
- "Honor and Bravery"
- "Pictures of Chittorgarh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chittaurgarh
- Hotels in Chittaurgarh
- Transportation in Chittaurgarh
- Restaurants in Chittaurgarh
- Warnings and Dangers in Chittaurgarh
- See All...
Explore the World
- Arvida Hotels
- Northampton Hotels
- Tinh Quang Nam
- Qianwang Hotels
- Kuttingen Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chittaurgarh
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chittaurgarh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chittaurgarh
Photos in ChittaurgarhSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 113 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 115 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 126 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bhuj Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bundi Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peterhof Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Sydney Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue