Chittaurgarh Favorite Tips by Canadienne Top 5 Page for this destination
Chittaurgarh Favorites: 12 reviews and 14 photos
Langur and Baby, Chittaurgarh
Favorite thing: I'm very fond of animals in general ~ monkeys are no exception. This was the largest number of langurs I had encountered. . .and I found it fascinating to watch them for a bit. They are very human-like. . .
Langurs in Chittaurgarh
Favorite thing: I'm not sure where else to put this tip. . .as it doesn't fall into any other category.
Along the road leading into the fort, there are a very high number of langur monkeys. They all keep their distance, so there's no need to worry about safety.
Favorite thing: The fort is a massive, sprawling structure ~ it spreads over 700 acres ~ and is located on the top of a 180 metre-high hill. Though most of the buildings and monuments in the fort are in a state of partial (at least!) decay, they are still incredibly impressive.
Fondest memory: It really feels like you could get lost in the fort. . .and that's the best way to approach it ~ just spend a few hours wandering among the ruins.
Favorite thing: This photo is of one of the chhatris, or tombs, for fallen defenders of the fort.
As one of Rajasthan's largest forts, Chittaurgarh was the target of successive invasions. Its history is coloured with the kind of romance, honourable suicide, chivalry and valour that make up Rajput myths and legends.
Favorite thing: The path to the fort takes you through seven gates and finally leads you to the main gate or Rampol. Along the way, there are a few temples and chhatris (tombs or memorials), marking the places where legendary warriors fell during battle.
More Reviews (8)
Canadienne's Related Pages
Chittaurgarh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Once a Mighty Rajput Kingdom"
- "~ Chittaurgarh ~"
- "Chittaurgarh - Beautiful Fort"
- "Chittaurgarh - Love, War and Jauhar"
- "Chittorgarh - Fortress of Honor"
- "Honor and Bravery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chittaurgarh
- Hotels in Chittaurgarh
- Transportation in Chittaurgarh
- Restaurants in Chittaurgarh
- Warnings and Dangers in Chittaurgarh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chittaurgarh
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Chittaurgarh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chittaurgarh
Photos in ChittaurgarhSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 113 reviews, 151 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 115 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 126 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination France Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bhuj Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bundi Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peterhof Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Sydney Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue