"The Blue City" Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur by Canadienne

Jodhpur Travel Guide: 368 reviews and 1,065 photos

Jodhpur is perhaps best known for its majestic fort and, indeed, it must be seen to be believed. But, my best memories of the city are of the people.

The city is a fascinating mix of the sights, sounds and smells of India, without being overrun with tourists. I stayed two days in December, when my friend fell ill and we had to stop travelling. . .then spent three more days in January, as a "scheduled" stop on my route with other girlfriends.

We would go back in an instant!

• In a nutshell:Tied with Bundi as my favourite city in Rajasthan!
  • Last visit to Jodhpur: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2005

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I really enjoy your pages as I get ready for our trip to Jodhpur. Thanks!

• jethanand's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Thank you for your travellogue on Jodhpur

• Hind_S's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 12:40 AM

I will be spending about 2 weeks in Jodhpur soon. Your pages have made me really look forward to this trip! Thanks!

• umashanker's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Opium addiction had been considerded a reason for the faded glory of Marwar and Mewar.Every year on Akha Teej thousands of small children got married in full media glare.Its changing but too slow.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 8:01 AM

Fascinating details, Stevie ... you seem to understand India a lot better than most Indians :) No cover charges for getting to see Salman Rushdie and Bride aye ... I am surprised :))) ... wonderful pages.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 10:16 AM

Very interesting stuff here!! It seems that you were really experiencing things at 'ground level' on this trip! You look good in Indian dress! Your 'auto rickshaw' tip made me laugh, my wife says I drive like that regularly!

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 3:45 AM

Very interesting and intoxicating stuff out here, I must say!!! Glad to see you back in action making some new pages on Indian places again. Love to see your very helpful and informative tips & pics!!!

Badges & Stats in Jodhpur

Have you been to Jodhpur?

Latest Activity in Jodhpur