"Living in Luoyang..." Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang by ChuckG
Luoyang Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 529 photos
I spent 5 weeks in Luoyang summer of 2005 during two different visits. Went back in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2015 for couple weeks or more than a month. Even though the city has more than 6 million people, I felt like home after a couple of weeks and knew my way around. The city inhabitants are extremely welcoming and I was surprised every day by the way people had interest in helping me (not taking advantage!) and make my stay a pleasant one. Don't be surprised if you spend weeks roaming around the city without seeing one non-Chinese !
The most popular attractions of Luoyang are:
1) The White Horse Temple
2) The Shaolin temple
See my separate "Shaolinsi"page
(I don't know why VT made these separate cities!?)
3) The Longmen Grottoes (world famous)
4) Wangsheng Park
5) Historic old town
I'll be adding more tips as time allows. The White horse temple is a must see !
First, check out the map i posted in the "Transportation tips"...the map is hard to find and can be very useful.
Some useful links on Luoyang:
1) Henan Tourist Bureau
(In english with lots of information)
2) Wangjianshuo Luoyang page
(Interesting tips and details on Luoyang)
- Pros:Shaolin Temple, Longmen Grottoes, Han Tombs, and much more
- Cons:Don't expect it to be touristy or Shanghai-like
- In a nutshell:Really worth the trip
There are authentic Dairy Queen in the Wanda Plaza and Wang FuJing mall. They have every kind of sundae and ice cream to... more travel advice
Xiyuan Park is very peaceful, with a nice lake, secluded pathways and little games for kids. The entrance is pretty hard... more travel advice
- See All Bars and Clubs at Wanda Plaza
- See All WalMart - CLOSED
- See All Interesting ride
- See All Deodorant, Cough syrup, razors
- See All Painting with water
ChuckG's Related Pages
Luoyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My second hometown"
- "Living in Luoyang..."
- "Luoyang- Home of the Longmen Caves"
- "The best of China so far"
- "City of Peonies"
- "Luoyang: off the international tourist beaten path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luoyang
- Hotels in Luoyang
- Transportation in Luoyang
- Nightlife in Luoyang
- Restaurants in Luoyang
- Shopping in Luoyang
- Warnings and Dangers in Luoyang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luoyang
- 42 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Luoyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luoyang
Photos in LuoyangSee All Photos (117)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues