"Fujisawa, Enoshima - Japan's Miami Beach !" Fujisawa by ChuckG
Fujisawa Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 63 photos
I went to Fujisawa to meet a friend of mine who lives in the area. It's amazing how the place reminded me of California ! The beaches, the surf boy and girls, the bars alongs the boardwalk...very different from close-by Tokyo.
The youth of the city is really into surfing. They're as passionate as in Santa Cruz !
Fujisawa started as a town round the Yugyoji temple in the 14th century. Fujisawa became a major trade center and later a major tourist spot with resorts ans spa.
- Pros:Beach life !
- In a nutshell:Miami Beach
You can now take elevator on top of the tower. The view from the top is magnificent. See my travelogue for more... more travel advice
There are actually people living on this island ! Get off the main street going up the mountain to walk in the alleys... more travel advice
ChuckG's Related Pages
Fujisawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fujisawa, Enoshima - Japan's Miami Beach !"
- "The isle of Enoshima Island"
- "Enoshima and Fujisawa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fujisawa
- Hotels in Fujisawa
- Transportation in Fujisawa
- Restaurants in Fujisawa
- Shopping in Fujisawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujisawa
- 11 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Fujisawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujisawa
Photos in FujisawaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues