"Not your typical Silicon Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Gatos by ChuckG
Los Gatos Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 19 photos
Half of the city is in the hills, where multimillion dollar mansions were built in the boom of the Internet Years. Most of that atmosphere remain here...you don't feel like ur in a downturn when you live in that part of Silicon Valley...
Although badly damaged in the last Earthquake (1997), the downtown has been rebuilt in part and is now home to multiple cafes, restaurant and art shops. Unlike most malls, you will find there specialty store of all kinds (cycling, jogging, home decoration, specialized gardening) as well as great restaurants.
One of my favorite hang out is the Borders located in an old building on University Avenue. It has a huge terrasse and often has bands playing music. Right beside, there is 2 trendy restaurants. The place is packed all week-end long but is worth the visit for a good break.
- Pros:Great restaurants and good stores
- Cons:Nightlife could be more diversified...but it's a small town...
- In a nutshell:Great city to live in...if you can afford it...
Quite interesting to have a coffee on that main street and watch the locals (and Siliconians) show their roadster, sport... more travel advice
ChuckG's Related Pages
Los Gatos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the rich, home of spoiled babes."
- "LOS GATOS!"
- "Not much but nice"
- "Los Gatos"
- "Not your typical Silicon Valley"
- "WebMink's Los Gatos page"
- "Small Town Feel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Gatos
- Hotels in Los Gatos
- Transportation in Los Gatos
- Restaurants in Los Gatos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Gatos
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Los Gatos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Gatos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Los Gatos hotel reviews
- Hotel Los Gatos And Spa
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013