Bangalore Shopping Tips by ChuckG Top 5 Page for this destination
Bangalore Shopping: 41 reviews and 26 photos
G the happy shopper on Brigade Road
Planet M has everything you need in term of Hindi music and other. It's like the HMV of Bangalore. I got very good deals there and the staff know their stuff
What to buy: Any kind of music
What to pay: Cheaper than Canada, way cheaper than in US or Europe
Address: Brigade Road
Demonstration against plastic bags !
It's a government shop where all typical Karnataka arts are sold.
What to buy: Wood carving, metal work, paintings, incense, clothes, etc, etc
What to pay: Very very decent price, and you don't have to bargain !
Address: Corner of MG Road and Brigade Road
Directions: When you're on MG, it's the shop in the left corner, can't miss it !
Theme: Local Craft
It's a upscale store with 4 floors of jewelry, arts, house accessories, etc. Quite expansive for Indian Standards but high quality.
What to buy: Look for high quality local arts. If you don't care about the quality and want cheaper, better look at Cauvery Emporium
What to pay: higher than average
Address: MG Road
Directions: toward the Hindustan Aeronautics complex
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (18)
- See All 1912 formerly, 180 Proof
- Golf in downtown
- See All Leela Palace
- Cheap deals...
- See All Good coffee
- See All Beware the customs guys !
ChuckG's Related Pages
Bangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangalore my home"
- "Bangalore- gateway to Karnataka's treasures"
- "The Garden City"
- "The Gateway to India"
- "Bangalore- The Garden City"
- "From chirps to chips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangalore
- Hotels in Bangalore
- Transportation in Bangalore
- Nightlife in Bangalore
- Restaurants in Bangalore
- Shopping in Bangalore
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangalore
- 21 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangalore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden- 13 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Cubbon Park- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Aquarium- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Vidhana Soudha- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Palace- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- High Court of Karnataka- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Hampi- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Bannerghatta National Park- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Bangalore Things to Do