Goa Things to Do Tips by ChuckG
Goa Things to Do: 577 reviews and 1,102 photos
Nice little church
When driving, cycling, walking along the coast, you will notice that each village has its small white churches. Along the road, there are numerous religious cross, shrines and signs. I had a great time looking everywhere for those remnants of the Portuguese years. Some churches are very well preserved and worth visiting.
Little Vagator Beach
South of Vagator, this secluded beach is accessible by walking down a steep hill. There were 4 tourists when I went there but I heard the place is quite packed and not that "secluded" in high season.
It's very different from the other beaches and worth a try
Located right beside the Taj Aguada, it's quite impressive to see the fortifications of this Old Fort. There are other Fort to visit in along the coast also, check them out !
Take a hike up the hill along the coast and enjoy the scenery
Basilica Of BomJesus
Very nice church with lots of wood craft and paintings inside, it's worth the drive.
Inside the church, you will see the Tomb of St Francis Xavier. I heard so much about him, had no clue he migrated to GOA and was burried there.
Address: Old Goa
Chapel Of St.Catherine
An other very nice church, the interior is better preserved than the BornJesus one, see Travelogue for detail.
Directions: All the churches are walking distance from each other.
Most of it is private, located behind the Taj Resort. It was very quiet (as shown on the picture) but at least I could take a nap without fear of the vendors.
Directions: Map: http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/goa/goa-travel-map.htm
This is a long long long beach (more than 30km). If you want privacy and quietness, go there. As you can see on the picture, it's ideal for swimming, suntanning, playing with friends.
There are very few bars or vendor stalls on that beach
Much more commercial than the other beaches, this one is usually packed with tourist (and vendors)
The upside is that there are numerous bars to choose from to drink a nice cocktail watching the waves (and the crowd)
A bit rocky but there are secluded sandy spot.
See my Anjuna page for more details...
My Anjuna page
More Reviews (12)
- See All Portuguese mansions
- See All Spa at Taj
- See All Take a bike ride
- See All Cheap summer clothes
ChuckG's Related Pages
Goa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gem that's Goa"
- "Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa"
- "My Goa Experience"
- "GOLDEN GOA - WHERE FUN NEVER SETS !"
- "Just right..."
- "Succulence, Sun, Spices & Shacks - GOA!"
- "Baga, Goa - just a taste of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Transportation in Goa
- Nightlife in Goa
- Restaurants in Goa
- Shopping in Goa
- Warnings and Dangers in Goa
- See All...
Explore the World
- Aruba Hotels
- Kiawah Island
- Kampong Rimba Hotels
- Fort Frederick State Park Hotels
- `Anjar Hotels
- Live Oak
- Ciudad Juárez
Badges & Stats in Goa
- 21 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luoyang Intro, 42 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quebec Intro, 30 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujisawa Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Latest Goa hotel reviews
- The Country Club De Goa
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Majorda Beach Resort
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Goan Heritage Hotel
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Mello Rosa Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Heritage Village Club
- 506 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Mandovi Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Goan Holiday Resort
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Dreamcatcher Resort
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Sur La Mer
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Aguada Hermitage
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2010
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Cambay Beach Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2012
- Coconut Creek
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Horizon Beach Resort
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 16, 2013
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Massages- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Water Sports- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Calangute Beach- 17 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Old Goa- 37 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Fort Aguada- 15 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Anjuna Flea Market- 12 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Elephants- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Baga Beach- 10 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Little Vagator Beach- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
See All Goa Things to Do