"Niagara Falls" Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls by kazander

Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,601 photos

Our Memorial Day Trip

I had always wanted to visit this Natural Wonder of the World. A bit over 6 hours away from where I live, it is just out of reach for us on a normal weekend but with the extra day off, Memorial Day weekend seemed like the perfect time to visit. I have wonderful friends in Buffalo right over the border, so a plan was set to visit them as well as pop into Canada to see the falls we had heard so much about....

Niagara Falls is actually made up of 3 separate waterfalls in 2 countries. On the American side are 2 waterfalls, the American Falls and the much smaller Bridal Veil Falls which is just off to the side of the American Falls. The more famous Horseshoe Falls is located on the Canadian side. It's much larger and more impressive because of it's unusual shape. Separating the Falls is Goat Island. You can visit this island via the American Side.
The best views are undoubtably from from the Canadian side. From here you can see a panorama of all of the falls.

• Pros:Amazing waterfalls
  • Cons:VERY touristy , lots of screaming kids
  • In a nutshell:worth a look see
  • Last visit to Niagara Falls: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 10, 2005

• Jul 28, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I have always wanted to go to Niagara Falls and this just convinced me. For any of your other vacations you can find cheap hotels at http://www.itravel2000.com/Hotels.aspx

• Apr 4, 2007 at 3:13 PM

thanks for the tip never thougth of the camera getting wet. I will by a water camera to take.

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2007 at 2:04 PM

thanks for the tips - going to niagara in 2 weeks. No fireworks but I hope the mini golf is open

• Babzz's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 6:53 AM

I LOVE your photos, esp 'behind the falls.' Great shot!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 6:13 AM

Now I see what I missed. I had no time to do the Behind the Falls" tour because it was a 45 minute wait. Oh well...

• joits's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2006 at 4:27 PM

awesome tips. it will definitely help on my visit there in july.

• Beth75NJ's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 7:26 AM

thanks for the tips Amy! i can't wait to explore the falls myself!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 10:29 AM

Great pics...BRRRR you wouldnt catch me going over these falls in a barell for all the tea in China..TIM

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 12:54 PM

An excellent page with a lot of practical tips and great photos. Thank you Amy !

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Very informative. I have seen USA from Canadian Niagra falls! Where did you get those particular views, from balloon? Looks great with lighting.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls

Have you been to Niagara Falls?

Latest Activity in Niagara Falls