"Incredible Yellowstone National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park by kazander
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide: 1,097 reviews and 3,426 photos
Before I met my husband, I was not nearly as interested in hiking, camping or National/State parks in general. I always had an interest, but it was eclipsed by my need to discover other countries. Lou's travel interests are more domestic. He reopened my eyes to the beautiful country we live in, (a fact one might forget when living in the suburbs of New Jersey) our travels together have been mostly in search of great American landscapes. He is the best partner in crime, not only as a husband, but in our chosen field as well. I found myself becoming more and more interested in nature photography. We have become an unstoppable duo of adventure photographers! When discussing where we would like to Honeymoon, Yellowstone seemed the natural choice. Yellowstone National Park was always someplace we had wanted to go, so what better time to go then to celebrate our marriage. An amazingly beautiful place to explore , to hone our photo skills, and to appreciate the fact that we have indeed found the best person to spend the rest of our lives with. He's my Lobster!
We spent our honeymoon exploring Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson and parts of Idaho. We also visited some parts of Montana including Gardiner and West Yellowstone. It was truly the trip of a lifetime!
Much of Yellowstone sits atop a giant super volcano or caldera. Colorful hotsprings of turquoise blues and emerald greens, geysers blowing scalding water hundreds or feet in the air and gurgling, plopping, mudpots are all the result of volcanic activity from underneath the earth's surface.
Though Old Faithful is most definately the parks most famous feature, the wildlife here is hardly the second banana. Moose, Bison, Elk, Coyotes, Bears, Pronghorn Antelope...and the list goes on.
There are many other attractions in the park to take your breath away. The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone has the Yellowstone River carving through it's multicolored walls and drops 300 feet to create the much photographed Lower Falls. (to name just one)
The feeling I got while we were in Yellowstone was really one of awe. What an ancient place. You could really imagine that some parts are just as they looked centuries ago. The thermal features give you a sense of how powerful our planet must be. It was a creepy yet peaceful feeling. This place has gotten in my head and in my blood, I feel a need to return so strongly I can't explain. I would drop everything and go right now if I could.
In 1988 wildfires tore through the park, burning acres and acres of pine forest. Many people were concerned that the beauty of the park would be lost. Fire has a regenerative quality though. Lodgepole pinecones actually NEED fire to open and spread their seeds. Without it, no new trees would ever grow. Large vistas that wouldn't have been seen before are now visable. Small green trees are growing in the dark thin shadows of their forefathers. Amongst the smaller trees, wildlife is easier to spot.
UPDATE! We have just returned from our 2nd Yellowstone trip! It was very different than our last and I have a ton of new tips to share with you. What an amazing place! :)
- Pros:Geysers, colorful hot springs, waterfalls and wildlife!
- Cons:Limited variety of food in the park and takes a LONG time to get out
- In a nutshell:An experience I wouldn't trade for the world
From our 2nd Yellowstone trip, Sept. 2006 The Cody Cowboy Village is a fantastic place to stay if you are visiting... more travel advice
Last time we went to Yellowstone, we passed by the mudpots a million times. I always wanted to stop, but always we were... more travel advice
- See All Grizzly Bears
- See All Dining at Mammoth
- See All Gallatin National Forest and Devil's...
- See All SAM 102.9 FM
kazander's Related Pages
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yellowstone National Park, My Neighbor"
- "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone National Park was fantastic"
- "Yellowstone National Park"
- "Yellowstone: Hot springs and shifting landscapes"
- "Yellowstone!.... a dream come true!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yellowstone National Park
- Hotels in Yellowstone National Park
- Transportation in Yellowstone National Park
- Nightlife in Yellowstone National Park
- Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park
- Shopping in Yellowstone National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yellowstone National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yellowstone National Park
- 61 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yellowstone National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grizzly Bears"
- updated a Yellowstone National Park Travel Page "Incredible Yellowstone National Park"
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Yellowstone National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review "Heavenly beds" and they are not... in Yellowstone National Park Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Yellowstone National Park hotel reviews
- Grant Village Lodge
- 426 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel
- 853 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Lake Lodge Cabins
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
- 1055 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Bridge Bay Campground
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2013
- Dunraven Lodge
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Fishing Bridge RV Park
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Madison Campground
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Canyon Village Campground
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins
- 290 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Old Faithful Inn Hotel
- 1148 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Grant Village Campground
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge and Cabins
- 638 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Norris Campground
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013