"Majestic Mountains and Moose!" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park by kazander
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 964 photos
I was on the hunt. I am a shooter with a happy trigger finger though my "weapon of choice" is a camera... I needed a Moose, and I wasn't going home without one. Well, as we found out on this trip, whatever you want, put it out into the universe, the universe just might deliver. And deliver she did! Our 1st day adventuring brought us to my much coveted Bull moose. Glorious antlers, HUGE body and a serenely happy face muching on some williows and leaves. I fell in love with another man.....luckily, my husband isn't the jealous type.
Our honeymoon started and ended in Grand Teton National Park. I found this park to have a calmer quality to it. No frantic running around trying to cram in every last paint pot, just relaxing, taking in the mountains and enjoying each other's company...lovely...
We spent our honeymoon exploring Grant Teton, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson and parts of Idaho. We also visited some parts of Montana. It was truly the trip of a lifetime!
Grand Teton National Park seems to be hidden in the shadow of it's northern brother, Yellowstone. Not everyone knows that Grand Teton was actually ranked number 1 in the Travel Channel's listing of best National Parks for wildlife viewing. Surprisingly, Yellowstone was ranked only at number 3! But of course seeing the animals is not the only reason to visit. The Teton range is awe inspiring. Jagged mountaintops, tipped with snow on even the hottest day, reach up into the heavens. Glaciers are nestled in between the craggy peaks. Grand Teton peak is over 13,000 feet high! These are the tallest peaks in the Rocky Mountains.
The Park as we know it today was only established in 1950! Quite a youngin! The original Grand Teton national park only encompased the Teton range and 6 glacial lakes. In 1943, The Jackson Hole National Monument was created. It included Jackson Lake and the Teton national Forest as well as a very generous donation of 35,000 acres by John D. Rockefeller Jr. These lands were joined in 1950, 53 years after the first proposal to incorporate this area into Yellowstone National Park.
For the full interesting story, check out this link
- Pros:I found my moose! Oh and some pretty incredible mountains too
- Cons:can't think of a thing
- In a nutshell:A great way to start and end our honeymoon!
As you travel along the park roads, every once in a while you will come across a bunch of cars pulled over and people... more travel advice
The is a National Park, not a zoo or a farm! I was astonished how close people would go to the wildlife for a "good"... more travel advice
- Float down the Snake
- Layers and Cameras
- Entrance Fees
- See All Signal Mountain Shops
kazander's Related Pages
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tall Tales from the Grand Tetons"
- "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- "Grand Teton or Grand Tetons ?"
- "Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies"
- "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- "Mountain grandeur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park
- Hotels in Grand Teton National Park
- Transportation in Grand Teton National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Teton National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Teton National Park
- Shopping in Grand Teton National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Teton National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park
- 25 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park
- updated a Grand Teton National Park Travel Page "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Do not appraoach!"
- Wrote a Review "Hey, whatcha lookin at?" in Grand Teton National Park Local Customs
- Commented on one of Shihar's Grand Teton National Park travel pages
Photos in Grand Teton National ParkSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos