"Majestic Mountains and Moose!" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park by kazander

Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 928 photos

I have found another man....

I was on the hunt. I am a shooter with a happy trigger finger though my "weapon of choice" is a camera... I needed a Moose, and I wasn't going home without one. Well, as we found out on this trip, whatever you want, put it out into the universe, the universe just might deliver. And deliver she did! Our 1st day adventuring brought us to my much coveted Bull moose. Glorious antlers, HUGE body and a serenely happy face muching on some williows and leaves. I fell in love with another man.....luckily, my husband isn't the jealous type.

But this is my true love...

Our honeymoon started and ended in Grand Teton National Park. I found this park to have a calmer quality to it. No frantic running around trying to cram in every last paint pot, just relaxing, taking in the mountains and enjoying each other's company...lovely...

We spent our honeymoon exploring Grant Teton, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson and parts of Idaho. We also visited some parts of Montana. It was truly the trip of a lifetime!

mountain mountains mountains!!!!

Grand Teton National Park seems to be hidden in the shadow of it's northern brother, Yellowstone. Not everyone knows that Grand Teton was actually ranked number 1 in the Travel Channel's listing of best National Parks for wildlife viewing. Surprisingly, Yellowstone was ranked only at number 3! But of course seeing the animals is not the only reason to visit. The Teton range is awe inspiring. Jagged mountaintops, tipped with snow on even the hottest day, reach up into the heavens. Glaciers are nestled in between the craggy peaks. Grand Teton peak is over 13,000 feet high! These are the tallest peaks in the Rocky Mountains.
The Park as we know it today was only established in 1950! Quite a youngin! The original Grand Teton national park only encompased the Teton range and 6 glacial lakes. In 1943, The Jackson Hole National Monument was created. It included Jackson Lake and the Teton national Forest as well as a very generous donation of 35,000 acres by John D. Rockefeller Jr. These lands were joined in 1950, 53 years after the first proposal to incorporate this area into Yellowstone National Park.
For the full interesting story, check out this link

• Pros:I found my moose! Oh and some pretty incredible mountains too
  • Cons:can't think of a thing
  • In a nutshell:A great way to start and end our honeymoon!
  • Last visit to Grand Teton National Park: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2005

• Feb 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hello, I was there and it was so beautiful ! I went to the Gift Shop looking for a Child's Park Ranger Outfit I had purchased last year at another Park for my son and now needed a bigger size. It is by Little Baron. I'll look for it online

• ellsasha's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 8:31 AM

Great tips, especially regarding wildlife. Particularly useful for me as I'm just about to start my U.S. adventure visiting the parks.

• Aug 11, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Thanks for the great tips and photos, Amy. I'll be up at both GT and YS in just 4 more weekends! :-)

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 10:57 AM

What a great scenery and wildlife, this NP is also on my list for next summer

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Amy, You're a moose Maniac! Funny that you should be planning a trip to Utah and me to Southern Idaho and Maybe Grand Teton if i have time.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 8:20 AM

Hi Amy - just made a start on my Wyoming pages (at last!). Will be interesting to compare memories as we go :) Sarah

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2005 at 7:34 AM

Excellent page on a very scenic National Park. The Signal Mountain Lodge sounds like the kind of place we would definitely enjoy staying.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 4:05 PM

That moose is just gorgeous, they are so comical looking. Your log cabin looks & sounds idealic, perfect for honeymooners, lovely photo of the 2 of you. Wonderful new photos & excellent new tips Amy! (~_~)

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2005 at 7:50 AM

Seems fantastic place. You did a fantastic job in presenting it.Cheers!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2005 at 1:40 PM

You are so lucky to see a Moose I have been looking for one but no shows...........great page glad you had a great time. The cabins look so cosy

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park

Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?

Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park