"Beautiful Badlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Badlands National Park by kazander

Badlands National Park Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 404 photos

As I was planning our return trip to Yellowstone, I decided I needed to incorporate some new places into the trip. First I added Devil's Tower, then I couldn't see Devil's Tower without travelling over to Mount Rushmore...then I figured "well, we'll be in South Dakota anyway...why not add in the Badlands?" It continued on like that for awhile, it was a very busy trip, but that is how I tend to plan them. Anyway, needless to say, it was a good decision. Badlands National Park is now a favorite of mine, even though our stay was brief, it was enough time to get a sense of the place and realize how truly special it is.

• Last visit to Badlands National Park: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2006

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Well, thanks to you I've now had to add ANOTHER National Park to my list of must-sees!! Seriously Amy, fascinating tips and great photos as always - look forward to more. Sarah x

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Stop it, I can't possibly get to all these beautiful US National Parks! The badlands area looks amazing - and I have to agree that rental car freedom is the way to go. Even 'Wall Drug' looks familiar, maybe I'm thinking 'South of the Border'!?

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 12:26 AM

What a stunning place! Love your photos as always. Did you at least have your free ice water at Wall Drug?!

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Wow, it does look beautiful here. Bobby needs to get to the Dakotas to complete his 50 states, so we'll have to stop and see the Badlands. And Wall Drug too just because it does suck so much:D.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Badlands National Park

Have you been to Badlands National Park?

Latest Activity in Badlands National Park