"Beautiful hike with TONS of waterfalls" Ricketts Glen State Park by kazander
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
I've gone camping in this area every summer for 5 years,(my boyfriend for 15) and it was only last year that we discovered that we had been passing by this park filled with over 20 waterfalls and never knew what we were missing. So last May we decided to check it out and made a special trip to the Park. It was amazing. I highly recommend it
Rickett's Glen was named after Colonel Robert Ricketts, a Civil war veteran who owned this land back in the day. His heirs subsequently gave the land to the state. In the 1930's the area was supposed to be a national park and was approved for this title, but then WWII came and the plans were halted. In 1993, it finally became became a state park.
Two branches of Kitchen's Creek find their way down the mountains through series of waterfalls and eventually meet up at the aptly named "Waters Meet". The waterfalls are not the only attraction. Some of the giant trees in the park have been found to be 900 years old! And don't forget the wildlife here, watch out for those bears!
- Pros:Beautiful, natural area
- Cons:flies in spring
The Red Rock Flea Market is just off Rt 487 near the intersection of Rt 118. It is right in the middle of a "resort" of... more travel advice
Rickett's Glen Visitor Center is located off of RT 487. There is another entrance to the park on Rt 118, but the only... more travel advice
- See All Perfect stop after your hike
- Bring out what you bring in
- Take notice of the little things...
kazander's Related Pages
Ricketts Glen State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Hiking and Scenery"
- "Beautiful hike with TONS of waterfalls"
- "I Eat moss!"
- "Ricketts Glen State Park"
- "Waterfalls Galore!"
- "Rickett's Glen State Park- Under Construction"
- "Winter Romantic Get-Away"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Hotels in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Nightlife in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Restaurants in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Shopping in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Ricketts Glen State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ricketts Glen State Park
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Ricketts Glen State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ricketts Glen State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Commented on one of Beth75NJ's Ricketts Glen State Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bring out what you bring in"
- created a Ricketts Glen State Park Travelogue "Adams and the lower section of Falls Trail"
- Wrote a Review Antiques and Flea Market in Ricketts Glen State Park Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos