"A great weekend away" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope by kazander
New Hope Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 161 photos
I really enjoy visiting New Hope. It is a really cute, romantic, artsy little town. Lots of shops, galleries, and restaurants. Many of the resturants have streetside seating, perfect for people watching! There is a vibe here that is hard to describe. It's very free spirted.
There are also a lot of historical landmarks in New Hope. The Delaware Canal runs through here. You can go on a Mule powered boat ride down the canal.
The first time we went for my birthday and it was the middle of July. the 2nd was in January, what a difference! The streets were empty, the stores too. It was nice not to be jostled or rushed but it was ridiculously cold. There were mini iceburgs floating down the Delaware River. A good time to go if you don't mind bundling up and snuggling with that special someone;)
I visited New Hope for the 3rd time in April. It was a spur of the moment trip, on a beautiful spring day. If I go in the fall I'll now have all the seasons covered!
I've been back so many times since I wrote the previous paragraph, but I still haven't made it here in the fall!
There is a wonderful atmosphere in New Hope. I can't wait to go back
- Pros:Great atmosphere, very relaxing
- Cons:crowded, narrow sidewalks
- In a nutshell:A Good Time!
One complaint I always had about New Hope was the lack of restaurants on the river. They were few and far between, but... more travel advice
The Petrus Gallery is the place to go for gorgeous jewelry made with a huge array of stones such as amethyst, turquoise,... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
New Hope Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Hope, Pennsylvania ~ bordering New Jersey"
- "New Hope... A unique art village"
- "Village of artists on the river"
- "A great weekend away"
- "New Hope - An Eclectic Village"
- "Antiquer's Paradise"
- "New Hope, PA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hope
- Hotels in New Hope
- Transportation in New Hope
- Nightlife in New Hope
- Restaurants in New Hope
- Shopping in New Hope
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hope
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Hope
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to New Hope?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hope
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest New Hope hotel reviews
- The Whitehall Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Porches on the Towpath
- 330 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- The Inn at Bowman's Hill
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Harlans ~ The Nevermore
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- The Logan Inn
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- The Lexington House
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013