"A great weekend away" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hope by kazander

New Hope Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 162 photos

I really enjoy visiting New Hope. It is a really cute, romantic, artsy little town. Lots of shops, galleries, and restaurants. Many of the resturants have streetside seating, perfect for people watching! There is a vibe here that is hard to describe. It's very free spirted.
There are also a lot of historical landmarks in New Hope. The Delaware Canal runs through here. You can go on a Mule powered boat ride down the canal.

Seasons In New Hope

The first time we went for my birthday and it was the middle of July. the 2nd was in January, what a difference! The streets were empty, the stores too. It was nice not to be jostled or rushed but it was ridiculously cold. There were mini iceburgs floating down the Delaware River. A good time to go if you don't mind bundling up and snuggling with that special someone;)
I visited New Hope for the 3rd time in April. It was a spur of the moment trip, on a beautiful spring day. If I go in the fall I'll now have all the seasons covered!

I've been back so many times since I wrote the previous paragraph, but I still haven't made it here in the fall!

There is a wonderful atmosphere in New Hope. I can't wait to go back

• Pros:Great atmosphere, very relaxing
  • Cons:crowded, narrow sidewalks
  • In a nutshell:A Good Time!
  • Last visit to New Hope: May 2007
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2007

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 6:17 AM

It's been a long time since I went to New Hope. Thank you for reminding me about a wonderful trip close to home.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 7:01 PM

Don't forget about Gerenser's Exotic Ice Cream on S. Main St. Now that the weather is getting warmer I should plan a trip to Lambertville/New Hope - but not during ShadFest; too many people.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Castle - narrow street & alleyways = this place has a lot of charm - I think I'd spare the mule by not taking the boat trip

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Nice tips!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 9:30 AM

New Hope is, indeed, a quaint place. Your fine descriptions make it possible for us to visualize the unique ambience. Motel sounds cute as do the shops. The restaurants sound delicious. Thanks for this great tour.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 4:19 AM

A much overlooked but thoroughly charming area. Hope to get up there in September. Hey, you missed the brewery just up the river in Milford. ;)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2004 at 4:57 AM

Enjoyed your descriptions of New Hope. THink I'll have to make a little side trip one day soon.

• adventerrtravel22's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 8:11 AM

I just did a search on New Hope and low and behold the famous Kazander has been there. I have been there and it is a wonder place to visit and covered nicely by you.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 2:37 PM

I really like the looks of that old castle just outside town! New Hope itself seems like quite a spot, a little bit of everything!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2004 at 7:48 PM

I only just breezed through New Hope, but what a shame and what a great town. I like the sound of that restaurant and the jewellery sounds tempting.

kazander Visits Here Frequently!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in New Hope

Have you been to New Hope?

Latest Activity in New Hope