"Dushore" Dushore by kazander

Dushore Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 17 photos

"town"

This is how we usually refer to Dushore. Every year my boyfriend and I go camping with a bunch of our friends in the backwoods of PA, and this is where we go when we need some civilization. AKA the diner, the liquor store, or the gas station. Though my favorite store in town is the video/used book/herbal remedies/tropical fish store....what a combo!

We just returned from a quick trip to Dushore and my 1st VT meeting with Katey, PA2AKgirl. We had breakfast at Pam's and then went to see the cabin I used to camp around.

• Last visit to Dushore: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2004

• Oct 4, 2007 at 9:29 AM

THEY HAVE A GREAT BREAKFAST, THE PANCAKES ARE THE BEST, PRICES ARE FAIR AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY

• Aug 1, 2007 at 12:06 PM

I live in Dushore, and I LOVE that you've traveled here. Come back for this years Founders' Day!! It's August 11th!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 8:04 AM

Amy...this is so Americana...outhouse races, places to eat breakfast for $5 or less, winning a beautiful fish [Tomato] at a flea market, a train turned into a shop..quaint, clever, and ever so entertaining.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 9:57 AM

Only Amy has more shopping tips than any other on her pages!! Great page as always : ))

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 6:39 AM

Lovely off-the-beaten-path! Interesting local custom :-)))

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2004 at 3:14 PM

It is amazing what you will find if you travel off-the-beaten-path! A great page on the simple life in rural America. Those outhouse races do look interesting but it could be messy if there are any collisions!

• Boppie's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 2:26 PM

I love reading about your adventures. The pics of Dushore are great!

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 9:19 AM

Only if Pam is cooking...but the Jolly Trolley DOES intrigue me! That sucks you guys had rain, I only stopped by Worlds End for like 10 minutes on my way home and it looked like it was going to rain there as well.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2004 at 3:13 AM

Great story of how you & Tomato first met. Gorgeous photo of him. Your camping trip sounds fun. (~_~)

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Dushore

Have you been to Dushore?

Latest Activity in Dushore