"Bushkill Falls" Top 5 Page for this destination Bushkill by kazander

Bushkill Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 59 photos

In the Pocono Mountains of Eastern Pennsylvania, is a beautiful park called Bushkill Falls. There are 4 trails of varying difficulty to lead you to spectacular waterfall views. The most difficult , Bridal Veil Falls Trail, is also the most rewarding. On this 2 1/2 mile trail, you will see each of the 8 waterfalls in the park.
Also on the property is a golf course, paddle boats and a variety of gift shops, museums and eaterys.

Admission Rates:
Seniors: $7 / day Adults: $8 / day
Children 4 to 10: $4 / day
Children 3 and under: Free

a long wait

We finally made it back to Bushkill!

The first time we went in 2001. It had been a dry summer so the falls were really just trickling. Besides that, Lou had hurt his knee and climbing around wasn't the best idea for him. We didn't get very far before we gave up and decided to return another time.

3 years later! for about 3 or 4 weekends now, we have tentatively planned on going to Bushkill, and every weekend it has rained! Luckily this past weekend, and our 5 year anniversary, we had the gift of a perfect day to fully explore Bushkill Falls!

• Pros:great scenery, nice hike
  • Cons:a little too crowded for me
  • In a nutshell:well worth the trip!
  • Last visit to Bushkill: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2004

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 7:39 PM

Great page, I too took the red trail, all 1200 plus stairs of it.

• namiewa's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 10:34 AM

wow the waterfalls is absolutely amazing with the texture of the color and the water..great tipe you have keep it up..thanks for sharing such a nice view and tip. ciao from Philippines.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 9:34 AM

Bushkill looks like a great place for an outdoor weekend adventure. Your travelogues photos are quite beautiful. Loved the shopping descriptions.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2005 at 9:53 PM

Wow, nice shot of the waterfall. What's the shutter speed ?

• vhasouth's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 10:13 AM

Thanks for the pics...another place I'll have to put on my list of places to see!!

• eurotravels's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Lovely pictures (who carried the tripod?). As you might realise I have a thing about waterfalls, too!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 4:10 PM

the area is simply beautiful! thanks for the tips and the pics.

• feline01's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 6:15 AM

Great page, it is beautiful around there and tons of stuff to do. Great advice about taking out what you bring in-I hate when people ruin nature!

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 2:21 PM

What a wonderful hiking tour! Such a beautiful landscape! I love waterfalls a lot!

• Nov 7, 2004 at 2:00 AM

I was actually here about 15 or so years ago, and I didn't even recall that I was here until I saw your photos. They sparked something in me. Thanks!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Bushkill

Have you been to Bushkill?

Latest Activity in Bushkill