"Apple Pickin'" Warwick by kazander

Warwick Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos

Every Autumn, we go up to Warwick to pick apples. There are a few orchards up there, but the one we always go to is Och's. It might be out of habit, or it may have something to do with all of the goodies they sell in the store at the bottom of the hill. They have all kinds of tasty treats including freshly made cider, jams and doughnuts.
It comes as no surprise that Warwick is also home to the Apple Fest. I have only been once but it is a townwide celebration of the wonderful fruit that grows in such abundance here. The town is very attractive and old fashioned, with lot of Antique Shops and quaint little resturants.

Warwick was also the setting for my second VT meeting. Lou and I met up with Katey (PA2AKgirl) and Johnny (chodearm) and his girlfriend, Yuki. We had a great time trying to find decent apples, tasting all the samples at the farmers market in town, going to "G's" for lunch and finally ending up at Warwick Valley Winery, where I got a surprise visit from my friend Erin (modsquads) and her boyfriend, Pete.

• Pros:Beautiful with Lots to do in Autumn
  • Cons:No (or very little) cell phone service
  • Last visit to Warwick: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2004

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Nice views of Warwick area interesting tips we just came back from out there today.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 8:26 AM

Warwick sounds like a great little spot to spend an Autumn day! I especially liked the sound of the wine tasting experience you had (except for Nadia!). Well done Amy!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 4:41 PM

Looks wonderful. We used to love to go apple picking when the kids were young. Ate lots of em and got belly aches. BTW...I live in Warwick, Rhode Island!

• adventerrtravel22's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 6:48 PM

Great job here as usual. You are the "go to" person as far as the Tri-state area+Pennsylvania.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 8:28 AM

Gorgeous photos Amy, Warwick sounds like a wonderful little place to visit. I have not had Onion soup for years! Was the Apple Brandy nice? Looks like you had great fun there (~_~)

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 7:25 AM

Yo, that sausage at the Farmers market was buttery.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2004 at 7:19 PM

hehe, these pictures are great:) That was so fun! I think it was the very first time in my life when everyone else was drinking & I didn't...since I about fell asleep on the way home anyway, I guess I did the right thing. Even though it felt SO wrong;-)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 12:13 PM

I haven't been to a drive in movie in years. Don't think they have those any more around here. Also, the apples should be in season just about now.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Warwick

Have you been to Warwick?

Latest Activity in Warwick