"In and Around Saratoga Springs in the Snow" Top 5 Page for this destination Saratoga Springs by kazander
Saratoga Springs Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 87 photos
We had a wonderful time on our super cold, but super relaxing trip to Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa. We outran a blizzard, but then ventured out in it for the sake of a great martini bar, went to the nearby state park where our nostrils froze (they really did!) and went to the amazing Medbery Inn for a relaxing spa experience like I've never had.
With plans to stay in Ballston Spa for Sunday night, we decided to head up to this area one day earlier to check out the town of Saratoga Springs. Good thing we did! The forecast for Saturday and Sunday was Snow, Snow and more Snow! We left early enough to stay ahead of the storm which was coming up from the south. We made it into Saratoga with only a half hour until the flakes began to fall.
Saratoga Springs is known not only for it's Horseracing Tracks, but for the healing mineral Springs found in the area. The native Americans used these springs for years and years to heal the sick, and shared their knowledge with the Europeans when a friend became ill. Quickly the area became THE place to go, and not only were people coming to bathe in the springs, but the water was beeing bottled and sold at an alarming rate. Eventually the water tables dropped dangerously low, so the state shut down most of the plants, and the area became Saratoga Spa State Park.
Throughout the town there are water fountain springs, all with different names, flavors, and healing properties. Unfortunately in was SO cold when we visited, that we didn't get to experience the fountains.
Read more about it!
no longer exists! We went looking for it only to find it had been replaced with another resturant. When we asked our... more travel advice
The Gateway Gallery is north of Saratoga Springs just up Rt 9N just in the Adirondack Mountain area. All the unique... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
Saratoga Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In and Around Saratoga Springs in the Snow"
- "Horse Race"
- "A variety of activities"
- "Horses, History, Health and Great Performances"
- "Sweeney1112's Continued Saratoga Springs Page"
- "doolemma's Saratoga Springs"
- "TerhiT's new Saratoga Springs Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saratoga Springs
- Hotels in Saratoga Springs
- Nightlife in Saratoga Springs
- Restaurants in Saratoga Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Saratoga Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saratoga Springs
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Saratoga Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saratoga Springs
Photos in Saratoga SpringsSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos