"A Spa Weekend in the Snow" Ballston Spa by kazander

Ballston Spa Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos

Our very good friend Erin (modsquads) went to the marvelous Medbery Inn and Spa back in November for her birthday. She had an incredible experience and highly recommended a visit here. For Christmas, my fabulous fiancee booked us a night as my present. Not only was our room so gorgeous it made us never want to leave, four poster bed, rose petals, sparkling cider with strawberries, a giant jacuzzi and fireplace, but he also booked me a facial, manicure and pedicure. We also had a mineral bath for two. Such luxury was complimented by two very lovely hosts (they even made us breakfast in the morning) who made us feel right at home.

Ballston Spa is a cute little town just about 5 miles south of Saratoga Springs. The town is undergoing a lot of restoration of the older buildings, such as the Medbery, the artist's gallery across the street and the Whistling Kettle Tea Lounge down the road. It's becoming the sort of town you might have hoped that Saratoga Springs would be. Instead of too many bars and big chain stores such as the Gap, there are little antique shops, cute cafes, and that small town feel.

• Last visit to Ballston Spa: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 25, 2005

• Beth75NJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 11:22 AM

sounds like HEAVEN! and like we've got to get your boy talking to my boy about gifts! :) and Erin, I'm ALLLLL OVER a girl's weekend there! sounds like HEAVEN!

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 1:07 AM

I used to live in this part of the world, a long time ago. This brought back pleasant memories!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2005 at 6:18 AM

What a great X-mas present! Lou sure know how to take care of you!! I would love the tea lounge, my fav beverage too, hot or cold.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 6:40 AM

It sounds like Lou is really spoiling you!! Certainly a great way to put a few winter days behind you! Great page Amy!

• adventerrtravel22's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 9:40 AM

Great pics, explanations and advice as usual. You keep giving me good ideas on where to impress a chick. Thanks.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 7:41 AM

Lou sounds like a keeper for sure to give you such a great trip. Tea is my favorite beverage too but I virtually always drink mine iced. I guess it's in my southern blood. I had iced tea for breakfast this morning - and it's snowy and cold outside.

• modsquads's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 6:24 AM

what a glowing review! the medberry IS heaven. as usual, your pics are better than mine...maybe we need a girls wknd there!? (beth??)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 3:17 PM

Decadent indeed, but so essential, lol! Sounds & looks gorgeous Amy q(~_~)p

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Ballston Spa

Have you been to Ballston Spa?

Latest Activity in Ballston Spa