"Valley of Fire" Valley of Fire State Park by kazander
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 324 photos
The valley of Fire gets it's name from the beautiful red sandstone formations that date back to the age of the dinosaurs, some 150 million years ago.
Some former residents of the valley of Fire were the Anasazi Native Americans whose petroglyph examples you will see thoughout the park. Namely at Atlatl Rock and on the way to Mouse's Tank, which was a hideout for a renegade indian back in the 1890's.
There are camping facilities here as well as picnic areas and some great hiking trails. This is Nevada's oldest state park, it was dedicated in 1935.
Taking the drive out to Valley of Fire was probably my favorite thing that we did while visiting Las Vegas. It was a 115 degree day so we drove with the air conditioning on and popped out a did mini hikes,(bring plenty of water we went through 6 bottles).
I don't think I realized what a amazing place I was going to visit when I headed to Nevada. I had booked a trip to Vegas and wasn't entirely expecting the state to be so beautiful. What a wonderful surprise!
- Pros:Breathtaking views
- Cons:Hot as hell
- In a nutshell:an unforgettable experience
There are tours to the Valley of Fire leaving from Las Vegas. I didn't take one because we had rented a car, but I have... more travel advice
We rented a car and drove out from Vegas. There are tours as well, but I would imagine exploring on your own would be a... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Brief Stop Before Civilization: Valley of Fire"
- "Nevada's Finest State Park"
- "In a Word, SPECTACULAR"
- "Great get-a-way from the Vegas strip."
- "Valley of Fire State Park"
- "Valley of Fire"
- "Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley of Fire State Park
- Hotels in Valley of Fire State Park
- Transportation in Valley of Fire State Park
- Restaurants in Valley of Fire State Park
- Shopping in Valley of Fire State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Valley of Fire State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valley of Fire State Park
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Valley of Fire State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley of Fire State Park
- updated a Valley of Fire State Park Travel Page "Valley of Fire"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Commented on one of goingsolo's Valley of Fire State Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beehives and surrounding area"
- Wrote a Review Red sand in Valley of Fire State Park Things to Do
Photos in Valley of Fire State ParkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos