"Sandy Hook and Around..." Top 5 Page for this destination Highlands by kazander

Highlands Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 57 photos

Lou and I were looking for a place for a roadtrip when I remembered Sandy Hook had a lighthouse or 2 I'd like to see... Neither of us had ever been here, though we had heard plenty about it, the seafood at Bahr's, the infamous nudie beach at Gunnison... And it's only about an hour and a half from where we live. So we were off! A day of adventure in our little home state.

• Last visit to Highlands: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2004

• aidahbug's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Hi' Amy, I luv your page...and info. Whats nice to do in NJ?

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 7:52 AM

Looks like some good adventures along the shoreline. YOu make me hungry for lobster and seafood...I can smell the salt air....feel the sunshine.

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 6:47 AM

I've only seen the Highlands from the water. Now I see I'm going to have to visit. Great Pages!

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 3:18 PM

FYI, in case you haven't been there the "Quay resturant in Sea Bright is great, they have a lobster buffet twice a week for $40.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 6:39 AM

Two lighthouses. Must have been a dangerous coast.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 6:26 AM

Very interesting new pages. We have heard of the Lighthouse Challenge, and hope to get there for it one of these days. Karen is hell bent on seeing every lighthouse in America.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2004 at 9:21 PM

what a lovely lighthouse & great pics ! Thanks for sharing !

• Boppie's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2004 at 2:40 PM

How do you do it every time? Always great pictures, detailed information on places to dine, interesting facts on where you've been etc. (And, written like a real travel pro.)Just amazing!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2004 at 9:03 AM

I really enjoyed this little page on your adventure so close to home! The tips on the Navesink Twin lights and the old military houses were especially interesting. Great photos!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2004 at 11:28 AM

Lighthouse challange sounds interesting Amy! Looks a gorgeous area, Lovely page (~_~)

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Highlands

Have you been to Highlands?

Latest Activity in Highlands