"The Only Year Round Entrance to Yellowstone" Gardiner by kazander
Gardiner Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 26 photos
Gardiner is situated on the Northern Edge of Yellowstone National Park. This quaint little town offers alternative lodging and dining for those of us that don't want to stay and eat courtesy of Xanterra the entire time we are visiting this amazing national treasure.
Gardiner has a great history of being partened with our nation's 1st national park. Visitors from the 1800's would come to Yellowstone via the trains that took them to Gardiner. Back in the day, this town had 26 saloons! One way to warm up during those brutal winters I suppose! They have quite a few less than that now. The main street is lined with little touristy shops, a gallery and some places to eat. As you get a bit further into the town, there are a number of places to stay.
The original entrance to Yellowstone, the Roosevelt Arch, is located here. In the winter, when the other entrances close, the Northern entrance remains open.
For our wedding favors, I wanted to get the guests something I found to be useful, not just another bag of Jordan... more travel advice
As you enter Gardiner after exiting Yellowstone National park thought the Roosevelt arch, the road curves around and... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
Gardiner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Only Year Round Entrance to Yellowstone"
- "The North Entrance to Yellowstone"
- "Great Basecamp for Exploring Yellowstone"
- "Cute Gardiner Montana"
- "Wild West Rafting was Amazing!"
- "Gardiner MT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gardiner
- Hotels in Gardiner
- Restaurants in Gardiner
- Shopping in Gardiner
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gardiner
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Gardiner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gardiner
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit Yellowstone Via it's original entrance"
- Wrote a Review Gallatin National Forest in Gardiner Things to Do
- updated a Gardiner Travel Page "The Only Year Round Entrance to Yellowstone"
- Commented on one of annk's Gardiner travel pages
Photos in GardinerSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos