"Bar Harbor" Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor by kazander

Bar Harbor Travel Guide: 216 reviews and 544 photos

Bah Hahbah

Bar Harbor is the most well known town on Mount Desert Island, the home of Acadia National Park. A cute little tourist mecca, Bah Hahbah, as the locals say, could be an entire day trip on it's own. There are lots and lots of restaurants to choose from, even one that serves Lobster "Chinese style" (we skipped that one) Not to mention the plethora of adorable little boutiques and shops. This is where you book your whale watching tours or even the "Cat" a speedy ferry that will take you into Nova Scotia, Canada, in less than 3 hours!
Even if cutsinessis not your thing, it's worth coming in to Bar harbor, if for nothing else than the desserts at Cafe This Way

• Pros:Always a yummy place to eat
  • Cons:Parking!
  • Last visit to Bar Harbor: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2004

• Jul 19, 2007 at 7:20 PM

I believe they closed several years ago. A retail shop opened in their space.

• Apr 13, 2007 at 9:49 AM

The free bus loop does not go to the Cadillac Mountain- should we skip it, try to walk to it from the nearest drop off or pay $25 for a tour/small bus that does go all the way to the top?

• annk's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 12:56 PM

An enjoyable page to read and great opening shot of Ba Haba at night! Good tips for my trip next summer.

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 9:11 AM

I have been eating PB&J's all week, the interior, coated in Bar Harbor Blueberry Jelly...bring me back to Acadia.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 6:42 AM

Beautiful shot of coastline in Acadia National Park :-)

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 12:45 PM

I can't remember the names of the bars we went to here. One had a store underneath with lots of license plates. The other place--all I can really remember is that they had vodka. And I drank a lot of it.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 7:33 PM

The national park sounds beautiful, lots of focal points. Oh god those desserts sound sinful:-) That breakfast would keep me going for 2 days! Took your door off???? !!!! Yikes.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 8:36 AM

I love the way the sunrise turns the coastline a bright red! Hope ya had a bowl of Clam Chowdah in Bah Hahbah!!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2004 at 10:15 PM

You whet my appetite for our planned trip to Maine. Glad you made it to Canada for that big swath of blue on your map. Will be back to read about more. Greetings from Dawson City, Yukon Territory. Stephen

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 6:40 AM

Looks a wonderful place, & only 3 hours from Canada too! What is a "cup of Joe"? Lovely page Amy (~_~)

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Bar Harbor

Have you been to Bar Harbor?

Latest Activity in Bar Harbor