"Home of the giant Paul Bunyan" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor by kazander

Bangor Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 79 photos

We didn't plan on visitIng the city of Bangor, but when a wayward bus driver hit my car in Bar Harbor, this is where we came to get her fixed up. We only stayed in town for one night, and although circumstances were not the happiest, we made the most of it. After finding ourselves here, I broke out the trusty Maine guidebook, discovered that there was a huge statue of Paul Bunyan and a Brewery right on the river. That Brewery was Sea Dog, home to one of my (now) favorite beers!
Every cloud has a silver lining.......and how can you go wrong with a Giant Paul Bunyan?

• Pros:Giant Paul and BluePaw!
  • Last visit to Bangor: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2005

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

this part of the USA is so beautiful

• Jul 3, 2007 at 10:27 AM

hi you should of continued a few more miles to canadian border ,bout an hour and a half ,and come for a visit, i'm acadian by the way..nice pictures.

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2007 at 6:52 AM

My favorite TV show takes place in Bangor, Maine (The DeadZone). Anyway, so I was just looking around at Bangor pages. Nice page.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 2:53 PM

I'm getting ready to go back up to Bangor for Thanksgiving, and I think I'll suggest the Sea Dog for a meal. I hope the food is on a good day when we go, too.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 3:56 AM

I was at SeaDog in Camden, ME but never got to Bangor. Sometimes fate brings you to places you hadn't planned on and when those places are breweries, who are we to argue? ;)

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2005 at 12:21 PM

I'll wander around this weekend, looking for Paul....

• annk's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2005 at 8:41 AM

We will be flying into Bangor so we'll have to stop by the statue. And I love blueberry beer! Tried it in Utah on a parks trip but haven't found any in CA.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 6:33 AM

I eould like to taste the Blue Paw someday :-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 11:54 AM

" Didnt you have a lovely time the day you went to Bangor" lol!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 12:40 PM

MMMMMMMmmmmmm.........beer!! ; P

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Bangor