"Magical Acadia" Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park by kazander

Acadia National Park Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 493 photos

For many years when i was younger , I remember my Aunt and Uncle and my cousins going up to Acadia every summer. At the time I had no interest in lobsters or camping, so I didn't think much of it, but as I got older, I started to wonder what all the fuss was about...
So A plan was made. Louis and I needed a vacation and a big road trip seemed in order. I decided, and he agreed, that Maine sounded like the perfect place for an adventure, and we couldn't visit Maine without seeing The Northeast's only National Park, Acadia.

Acadia is a magical place. Mostly located on Mount Desert Island, the Park nearly takes over, leaving just enough room for some little towns, such as Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor and Northeast Harbor. Besides these , and a few other small exceptions, the island is nature at it's best. The majestic pine forest butts right up alongside the rocky coast, and as the fog rolls in, it feels enchanted. Mount Desert Island is also home to mountains, lakes, streams and the only fjord on the east coast of the United States. A place to hike, camp, relax and breathe in the fresh pine scented salty air, Acadia is a small piece of heaven

Many, many thanks to my wonderful Aunt Joanie for all of her helpful hints, great stories and highlighting of my guidebook.

THANKS FOR VISITING!!!

• Pros:Maine smells good!
  • Last visit to Acadia National Park: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 8, 2004

• septem's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Great pages. Juliana

• rcsparty's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Great page, my wife and I are going to Acadia for a weekend next month and are looking forward to a great time...and happy birthday

• RitchiS1's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

nice picture , it will be a great landscape , see it next month

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 9:17 AM

My neighbors just returned from a trip here. Your tips & photos let me see what it is really like on the coast of Maine!

• trisanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 6:40 PM

Congratulations. I hope you and your husband will be very happy. Great vt pages! I also miss Acadia National Park. I hope to get there again soon. Hope you both have a great honeymoon!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 7:15 AM

Fantastic tips and photos! I've added many to my personal travel guide for future reference. Good suggestion to not feed the animals. Thx for cking my Tetons page!

• Beth75NJ's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2005 at 12:21 PM

*sigh* I just love Maine and your pages are INCREDIBLE!! your photos, of course, are breathtaking your tips are killer! I can't believe I never went to Acadia when I was living in Wells (next to Baah Haaba )Your page has inspired me to go back!

• codrutz's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 3:27 AM

Beautiful pictured national park! You have indeed the skills of nature photography :) This place would be heaven for me as I like water, trees, mountains .. and Acadia seems to have it all. Regards!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 7:29 AM

My sister just moved to Kentville, NS so hoping to go there then here sometime but just last week discovered how expensive the ferry is from Yarmouth to Bah Habaah!!! Outrageous, LOL.

• dutch_anna's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 7:23 AM

Lobster and Blueberries! I have to go and visit that State!! Great Maine-page, Amy.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Acadia National Park

Have you been to Acadia National Park?

Latest Activity in Acadia National Park