"Salem on Halloween!" Top 5 Page for this destination Salem by kazander

Salem Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,174 photos

Halloween Adventure

For once we wanted to do something really fun and special for my favorite holiday, so we planned to go to the witch capital of Salem for a truly spooky , festive Halloween! Halloween in Salem has been called the " Mardi Gras of the north" so we knew we were in for a party!

We have just returned from our 2nd annual Halloween trip to Salem. It was once again fantastic. We visited some places we hadn't gone before, and returned to some old favorites, updates are on the way!

spooooooooky

Well known for the witchcraft trials of 1692, Salem has a foreboding past. the town itself remains very historical with many old buildings remaining to explore, including the house made famous by Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel, The House of the Seven Gables.

Haunted Happenings

Haunted Happenings is the title given to the Halloween festivities that take place in Salem during the month of October. Many special events are planned, so check out the website before you go, to make the most out of your Salem experience.

• Pros:Lots of History, exciting on Halloween
  • Cons:HUGE crowds on Halloween
  • Last visit to Salem: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2005

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2009 at 6:59 AM

Salem is such a fun place. We're heading back there today for the "umpteenth" time. I'll be adding to my pages soon. Thanks for some good ideas.

• Nov 3, 2008 at 7:07 PM

A very rude and obnoxious lady works here! Stay away from this ripoff that calls itself a candy store….there are plenty of other candy stores in town that have FRIENDLY people working behind the counter. $6.00 for candy coins pffffft!

• Nov 1, 2007 at 8:03 PM

we are traveling up to boston at christmas are you open at this time?

• Oct 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Your descriptions of places to visit, like the Salem Witch Museum were brief but very informative in all the things you would need to know if you planned on going there.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 4:04 AM

Sounds like the Porta-Potties are the real horror of Salem on the night of Halloween. Didn't realise you had buildings built before the great fire of London.Gr8 pages.Tim

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Really enjoyed reading these tips. To think that I'm so close by and have never seen Salem in action on Halloween. Shame on me!

• travelgame's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Nice pictures!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 11:54 PM

I visited Salem 2 years ago but wondered what it would be like to see it on Halloween so I really enjoyed your pics and tips. Wow, and what a great intro picture!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 1:20 AM

Too bad about the Beer Works, Amy but other than that looks like a place D would love. Merry Christmas.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Amy, great updates!! I've driven by from Boston a few times and thought about the witches, but never stopped! Maybe I should have a look around!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Salem