"Boston on 4th of July" Boston by kazander
Boston Travel Guide: 3,886 reviews and 8,419 photos
For the past 3 years we have been lucky enough to visit the historical city of Boston on our nations holiday, Independance Day, or the 4th of July.
In 2003, we went up to visit our friends in Boston for 4th of July. This was only my 2nd trip to Boston, My 1st was in 7th grade! We did some shopping, had lunch in the North End, watched the fireworks from the tallest building in Boston (the John Hancock Tower) and ended the night at a great bar around the corner!
In 2004, the 4th of July came around again so we decided to revisit Boston, this time to see Lou's sister who has recently moved there. This trip was even better than the last time! We watched the fireworks from the opposite side of the Charles than the previous year and were awarded a fantastic view!
The following day we spent a lot of time exploring the Back Bay area. Wandering Charles St, along the Esplanade on the river and Newbury Street.
On our last day we revisited the North End for lunch and more importantly DESSERT! It was a great trip, I can't wait to go back
We've made lots of little trips to Boston since the 4th of July. Each trip we visit someplace new or eat at a different restaurant or have a new experience. This page will slowly grow with every mini excursion.
This adorable sculpture in the Public Garden is a tribute to the story "Make way for ducklings" written by Robert McClosky
Boston has become one of my favorite cities. It has a great ambiance. History remains an important part of Boston with landmarks popping up all over the city. There are many walking tours, on foot is a terrific way to get a feel for this town.
- Pros:great town, wonderful atmosphere
Built in 1826, Quincy market was originally an open air food market. Faneuil Hall was constructed in 1776, it was known... more travel advice
I love, love, love this museum! It is so peaceful here. Designed as and old Italian mansion, it's as though you are... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 23 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
- Wrote a Review Artful Hand Gallery in Copley Place about Prudential Center & Copley Place in Boston Shopping
- updated a Boston Travel Page "Boston on 4th of July"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market"
- Commented on one of karen75's Boston travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos