"Boston on 4th of July" Boston by kazander

Boston Travel Guide: 3,886 reviews and 8,419 photos

Boston for the 4th!

For the past 3 years we have been lucky enough to visit the historical city of Boston on our nations holiday, Independance Day, or the 4th of July.

In 2003, we went up to visit our friends in Boston for 4th of July. This was only my 2nd trip to Boston, My 1st was in 7th grade! We did some shopping, had lunch in the North End, watched the fireworks from the tallest building in Boston (the John Hancock Tower) and ended the night at a great bar around the corner!

In 2004, the 4th of July came around again so we decided to revisit Boston, this time to see Lou's sister who has recently moved there. This trip was even better than the last time! We watched the fireworks from the opposite side of the Charles than the previous year and were awarded a fantastic view!
The following day we spent a lot of time exploring the Back Bay area. Wandering Charles St, along the Esplanade on the river and Newbury Street.
On our last day we revisited the North End for lunch and more importantly DESSERT! It was a great trip, I can't wait to go back

We've made lots of little trips to Boston since the 4th of July. Each trip we visit someplace new or eat at a different restaurant or have a new experience. This page will slowly grow with every mini excursion.

This adorable sculpture in the Public Garden is a tribute to the story "Make way for ducklings" written by Robert McClosky

Boston has become one of my favorite cities. It has a great ambiance. History remains an important part of Boston with landmarks popping up all over the city. There are many walking tours, on foot is a terrific way to get a feel for this town.

• Pros:great town, wonderful atmosphere
  • Cons:parking
  • Last visit to Boston: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2005

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM

We went to the Gardner Museum this past weekend and loved it. What a great collection!

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 2:45 AM

im moving to Boston soon, so i hope to meet you there once:-)) have a nice day

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2005 at 8:06 AM

Wow! What a beautiful shot you got of the fireworks. Nice work!!

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 10:55 AM

Nice fireworks pictures in Boston. I think you've done more in Boston than I have living here.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 2:40 PM

Wonderful new travelogue! Enjoyed your updates too. Looks like you had a great trip to Boston, Amy. This is a place I fancy visiting also, Great tips & photos, love the night time & statue ones. Well Done q(~_~)p

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2005 at 2:23 PM

Happy Birthday Amy, and I really enjoyed your Boston page!! This is one of my favourite cities too. I've had so many meetings there over the years, but unfortunately never took many photos on those trips. I've got to get back at least one more time!!

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 5:19 PM

Urban outfitters was my favourite haunt in Boston. Although I used to wait for the sales ; )

• karen75's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2004 at 6:24 AM

Hi Amy, Great Boston page! I loved all the pics...especially the night time ones! I've been to Boston a couple of times too and it is my favourite city! I'm in the midst of planning a much longer visit for sometime in the near future!

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2004 at 11:45 AM

Great photos, I miss living close to the city!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 12:10 AM

Great tips on Boston! And I love your motto, too.

kazander Visits Here Frequently!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Boston