"Santa Cruz" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz by kazander

Santa Cruz Travel Guide: 286 reviews and 637 photos

I visited Santa Cruz for 2 weeks after I had graduated college. Two of my friends had decided to live there for the summer. We had tons of crazy adventures, though unfortunately I missed visiting the Santa Cruz "Mystery Spot". Not sure exactly what happens there, something about vortexes....Anyway I was able to enjoy the town and explore a bit. We also had a friend living in San Francisco for the summer, so we took the CalTrain to visit her for a few days. I'm so glad we did, what a great city San Francisco is! On my last day we rented a car and drove up the coast back to San Francisco. What a beautiful drive! I highly recommend a trip up the coast on Highway 1! this pic is from the area with the Natural Bridges.

• Pros:very friendly people
  • Cons:sometimes TOO friendly
  • Last visit to Santa Cruz: Jul 1998
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2004

• Jan 13, 2008 at 8:32 PM

The $5 is to park in the lot. Entry is free for pedestrians and bicyclists. In October when the Monarchs are in residence, there are free docent-led tours of the Monarch grove.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 7:30 AM

You take some very interesting photos. Been noticing your style in several pages. Santa Cruz is lovely. Spent an afternoon there w/ son who lives in California

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 3:29 PM

Had buddies go to school here. Was lucky enough to visit a few times. Doesn't look that much different years later. Thanks! Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Chatty homeless people in Santa Cruz? That's funny! I think the strong silent types stay up here in San Francisco. Enjoyed your page...considering SC for a weekend getaway!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 8:11 AM

Looks like a fabulous place for a summer holiday!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 3:03 PM

You sound as if you had a great time in Santa Cruz. I used to love the "Lost Boys", Havent seen it for years though. Lovely Natural Bridge & Sealion Photos, great new tips & updates since my last visit Amy, Rt 1 sounds a must do! great page & photos (~_~)

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 11:50 AM

These beach tips are fun today when I can see the snow falling very think here in freezing Labrador, hehe.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 3:25 AM

A great account of your stay in SC! Yes, I took that same drive along Hwy 1 while in 'Frisco, and it really is something to be experienced!! Had a great visit in SC as well.

• IceBear7's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 7:49 AM

interesting page! only 10 days to go until my trip to CA

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2004 at 7:13 PM

Enjoyed your photos and comments. SC is a great place! I always enjoyed the fried squid there, sounds like you missed out on that.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Santa Cruz

Have you been to Santa Cruz?

Latest Activity in Santa Cruz