"San Francisco" San Francisco by kazander

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,421 photos

I spent but a few days in San Francisco, but i found it to be a really lovely city, I hope to return some day. We visited a friend who was staying in a flat off of Haight Street. We managed to see Golden Gate Park, the piers,chinatown, the area around her place and the crookedest street in the world. Unfortunately I haven't any good pictures of Lombard street because it was at night on the way to Bimbo's night club to see Hayden and i didn't get any good shots:(

I recently saw a special on TV documenting the suicides of the people who have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently, if you are to commit suicide, this is the end all be all of places to do it. Creepy? No?
Glad I didn't know that when I was there!

• Cons:not enough time here
  • Last visit to San Francisco: Jul 1998
  • Intro Updated May 12, 2004

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2005 at 1:54 AM

I see you have, obviously pre-VT. We loved it there on our recent excursion and glad we didn't know about the suicidal tendencies too!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 8:07 AM

Yep, you'd better get back there so you can build this page up a bit!! Would love to visit one day too.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 11:47 AM

What about the beautiful and majestic accomodations at Alcatraz? LOL.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 9:49 PM

Japanese Gardens look very pretty & peaceful, Interesting info about the bridge, blond Amy! Lovely little page q(~_~)p

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 4:13 PM

I walked across the Golden Gate bridge about two years ago. They even have suicide hot line telephones along the walkway. Interesting pages.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2004 at 11:58 AM

I knew the bridge has a high suicide rate... What about the big US company (I won't name it) that use this precise bridge as a logo ?!? Weird marketing choice ;-))

kazander Visits Here Frequently!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco