"Population 6!" Tortilla Flat by kazander

Tortilla Flat Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 61 photos

Pitstop on the Apache Trail

We stopped into this little western town for a quick bite to eat while driving along the Apache Trail in Tonto National Forest. We were thinking about stopping into the lakeside cafe at Canyon Lake, but something in the name made me really want to visit...

The added on phrase, "Population 6" seems to be part of the town's name. That tidbit of information is so descriptive, it's hard to leave it out. Really only a small cluster of buildings along a lonely strech of road, it's hard to imagine many more people living in this teeny place.

• Pros:funny little western town
  • Cons:food at the resturant is not top notch (or even close)
  • Last visit to Tortilla Flat: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 17, 2006

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2006 at 12:28 AM

Gorgeous colours in your pics Amy. Shame about the dodgy food.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 2:40 AM

A great little page on TF despite what it did to your stomach! The pics bring back good memories of my drive along the Apache Trail, but I only stopped here for a bottle of water!

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Sounds like quite an interesting place!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 7:35 AM

I love seeing the little out-of-the-way places on VT. We drove through a part of Tonto National Forest, but missed this one. Next time I'll stop, at least to make a visit to the men's room.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 3:07 AM

I can only imagine what was in the men's room, Amy. ;> Still I'll steer clear of eating here but will return to see the rest of Tortilla Flat when you're finished.

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Tortilla Flat

Have you been to Tortilla Flat?

Latest Activity in Tortilla Flat