Puerto Rico Shopping Tips by kazander Top 5 Page for this destination
Puerto Rico Shopping: 16 reviews and 15 photos
This store is simply fantastic. It is THE place to go for locally made treasures. I always like to buy my "souveniers" from local artists and this was my haven. Tom the owner, was so sweet, friendly and helpful. He greeted us at the door, served us coffee and told us all about the shop. Candles, lotions, and soaps are made right on the premises. You can see into the kitchen where all of it is created. The front of the store is a gallery of works from local artisans. Almost everything they carry is locally made ( if you would like, as I did, Tom will tell you if it is made elsewhere)
We visted twice, once just before visiting El Yunque, and once again the next day after I didn't find anything I wanted to buy in Old San Juan.
What to buy: OK, I bought out the place, but the things you don't want to miss are the handmade soaps and lotions, made right on the premises, works by local artists, paintings, sculptures, ect...and the yummy coffee....and the jewlery.....oh, and the fabulous flip flops....OH! and the vanilla rum cake, it is SO good, we bought 3.
What to pay: Quite reasonable
Address: Palmer, PR
Theme: Local Craft
looking down at the marina
If you are on your way to take a catamaran tour and are in need of , sunscreen, a hat, motion sickness medication, or anything of that nature, there is a shop that sells all these things, amongst other boating necessities, right before you get to the docks.
What to buy: We got Lou a pair of sunglasses, and me some seasickness meds. (I had forgotten the ones I had bought for the trip at our villa)
Theme: Sporting Goods
our hammock at the villa
Everyday we would pass countless stands while driving along RT3. We would see the hammock man and say "we need to stop for one of those". (Lou was in love with the hammock on our porch at the villa) Finally on our last day we stopped. The charming man sold us our yellow hammock for a measly $18. He asked for $20, but 18 was all the cash we had left. What a generous man to give it to us anyway! Quite a deal seeing as we saw the same ones in a store in San Juan for about $60!
Along the road you will also see kiosks with all kinds of food, meat on a stick (quite tasty) All kinds of fruit even an entire roasted pig! Give it a try. As our host at the villa told us there is no need to worry, the Purto Ricans don't do anything "funny" with food. Good stuff.
What to buy: HAMMOCKS ;)
Address: All along rt 3 and other roads as well
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (18)
- See All Delicious Coffee
- Gambling at the hotels in Condado
- See All Delicious Smoothies
- See All More info on the bio bay experience!
kazander's Related Pages
Puerto Rico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!"
- "Perfect Island Vacation"
- "Que Rico, Puerto Rico"
- "The Main Island"
- "Hexe Goes to Puerto Rico"
- "Puerto Rican "Shorty-moon""
- "Vounteering in Puerto Rico with my daughter!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Hotels in Puerto Rico
- Transportation in Puerto Rico
- Nightlife in Puerto Rico
- Restaurants in Puerto Rico
- Shopping in Puerto Rico
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Rico
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rufisque Hotels
- Barili Hotels
- Leptokaria Hotels
- Attidiya Hotels
- Punta Gorda
Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico
- 21 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Puerto Rico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Rico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Top Puerto Rico hotels
- San Juan Hotels
- 694 Reviews - 2269 Photos
- Rincon Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Lajas Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Culebra Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Rio Grande Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- Dorado Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Cabo Rojo Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Isabela Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Hatillo Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Mayaguez Hotels
- 8 Hotels
- Fajardo Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Carolina Hotels
- 7 Hotels
- Adjuntas Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Aguadilla Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Rio Piedras Hotels
- 1 Review - 8 Photos
- El Yunque/Caribbean Rain Forest- 45 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Old San Juan- 36 Reviews, 81 Photos
- Beaches- 28 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Bacardi Rum Factory- 14 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro- 17 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Rio Camuy Caves- 9 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Water Sports & Activities- 13 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Arecibo Observatory- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Historical Sites- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Capilla Del Cristo- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos