"Perfect Island Vacation" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico by kazander

Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,340 reviews and 6,147 photos

Explorations of the northeast

Lou and I needed a warm weather relaxing getaway. He suggested Puerto Rico saying it was somewhere he had always wanted to go. Who knew? Of course I agreed and began the research right away. We had an amazing time and would return in a heartbeat!

In March we travelled to Puerto Rico for a lazy long weekend. We stayed in the Rainforest where the little coqui frogs lulled us to sleep. We hiked to rainforest waterfalls, kayaked in glowing waters, layed on beautiful beaches with yummy rum beverages, and went off to Culebra for snorkling adventures, it was a perfect tropical getaway.

I think Puerto Rico is a bit underrated. There is so much more to this island than just another beautiful beachfront (which of course it has plenty of) The myriad of other attractions is really what brought us to this island. The magical bioluminscent bay, the rainforest and Old San Juan were on the itinerary for this trip. On our next visit we hope to visit Camuy Caves, drive the Ruta Panoramica and travel over to some of the smaller islands with their interesting wildlife...and of course we may revisit some of our favorites...
All of the people we met here were so warm and welcoming, the food was so tasty and the atmosphere one of total relaxation. We will most definatey be back!

• Pros:Historic cities, magic bays, perfect islands and the rainforest!
  • Cons:litter and bugbites
  • In a nutshell:More than just beautiful beaches!
  • Last visit to Puerto Rico: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2006

• Jun 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I also took a tour on the luminous bay and it was on a boat. I wore my bathing suit and went into the water. Two teenagers pulled me through with my head under the water and it was as if I was in space with all the stars.

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:23 AM

Hello Amy, Nice pages. Thank you very much and happy new year to you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Great pages, great tips and great photos. Juliana

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM

lovely page

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 7:21 PM

You have a great page about Puerto Rico. What time of year did you visit?

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Your photos are beautiful! absolutely amazing!

• newyorkerman's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 11:58 AM

The legend in Puerto Rico is that they are so attached to the island, that if you remove them they will die. This is something I think the labs in Hawaii which did just that wish were true!!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2007 at 3:07 AM

What a wonderful place to visit! I really enjoyed reading all your tips, but especially the kayaking in the Biolumenscent Bay. Loved the cute frogs too ;)

• staindesign's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Fantastic page, I have been wanting to go to PR for such a long time. Your page makes me feel like I am almost there, or that I need to get my butt over there soon!

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Interesting page here, thx for sharing

kazander Visits Here Frequently!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico

Have you been to Puerto Rico?

Latest Activity in Puerto Rico