"Fundy National Park, Alma and the Hopewell Rocks.." Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick by kazander

Province of New Brunswick Travel Guide: 942 reviews and 1,761 photos

The Higest Tides in the World

I fell in love with the small section of New Brunswick that I was able to explore. I hope to return for a more in depth adventure...maybe see that elusive moose!

When Louis and I began planning our trip to Maine, I started looking into New Brunswick as an additional destination, as I had been wanting to see the Bay of Fundy since I 1st learned about it as a little girl. I mean it's listed as a Natural Wonder of the World! These high tides can reach up to 50 feet, Incredible. Neither of us had ever been to Canada, so we thought it would be a great idea. Little did I know that there were so many amazing things to see here! when I saw my 1st photo of the Hopewell Rocks, the plan was cemented, I just HAD to see them in person!
Though Louis and I suffered a minor setback in Maine, we still managed to make it up to Fundy for a couple of days.. We are so happy we did!

We travelled from Saint Stephen up through Saint John and to Fundy National Park. From there we made trips to Cape Enrage and the Hopewell Rocks.

Fundy park has lots of amazing trails, we manged to hike a few including the Dickson Falls Trail which we did at sunset.

• Pros:beautiful scenery
  • Cons:bugs
  • Last visit to Province of New Brunswick: Jul 2004

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:24 AM

great tips!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Cape Enrage: The fog was so thick, that I couldn't see the lighthouse!

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Very good tips! I have been trying to decide if we should stop there on the way to Nova Scotia and your page just decided it. We're stopping....and my kids will enjoy being mud monsters :-)

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Your page makes Canada's most-underrated province look stunning! I've never been to NB, but now I'm tempted to go!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2006 at 9:29 AM

I love the covered bridges!

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 8:22 AM

Mud monsters...love the description. Yes this is God's Country, and if not for mosquitoes and the winter months, it would be perfect. I spent many summers enjoying the Bay of Fundy. Pa

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2005 at 1:16 PM

What enticing pages! Seems like everywhere you've been is somwhere we want to go. Maybe when we take that trip to Acadia National Park this summer we can peek over into New Brunswick.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 12:27 PM

Looks lovely place to visit. Great photos again. Wished I had timeto go there on our recent visit to Canada.

• marcoparco's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 3:29 PM

Wow wonderfull page Amy! It looks as though you really enjoyed your trip. How did you find the Moosehead? It is by far my favorite! If you look close enough in my Haiti pages you will find Moosehead hockey bags my uncle donated! Cheers

kazander Visits Here Frequently!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in Province of New Brunswick

Have you been to Province of New Brunswick?

Latest Activity in Province of New Brunswick