Pennsylvania Hotel Tips by kazander Top 5 Page for this destination
Pennsylvania Hotels: 31 reviews and 35 photos
Rickett's Glen Motel
The couple of times we went up to do some hiking a beautiful Rickett's Glen State Park, we stayed at this cute little place just down the road on RT118. The owners are very kind and helpful and will make your stay a pleasant one!
The hotel has approximately 8 rooms. When we went in May we were the only ones staying here.
There is only one room that has it's own bathroom with shower, this one is a little more expensive (about $10 more) and is spacious with a queen sized bed. Otherwise the other rooms either have a half bath or have a shared bathroom in the hallway. (with the half bath you have to use the hallway bathroom to shower) All are very reasonably priced about $40-$50 a night.
They do not serve breakfast, however. You will have to travel a little ways to get to a diner. we are quite familiar with the area and went to a place in Dushore that we go to when we are camping nearby.
Unique Qualities: The Rickett's Glen Hotel is primarily known for it's restaurant, the food is excellent! There is also a bar here, but not to worry, even though it's open until 2, you don't hear a thing in your room.
I loved standing on the back porch at night to hear the perfect sound of nothing but frogs on the nearby lake, and waking up early to watch the sunrise over Beaver Pond.
Address: on Rt 118 next to Beaver Pond
Comparison: about average
We stayed at the Columbian for one night in August to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. At the time, a Sunday night, we were the only guests there, it was nice to have this beautiful old inn all to ourselves. We stayed in the Bishop room, decorated in a romantic style with a four poster bed and a fireplace. Karen, our hostess was very helpful and sweet, not to mention a fantastic cook. Our breakfast, served on the outside patio, was just delightful.
Unique Qualities: This lovely brick faced B&B, has wonderful wrap around porches, a back patio with coy pond and waterfall and lovely indor common spaces. The whole place seems to be designed for relaxing and enjoying time with your special someone.
Address: 360 Chestnut Street Columbia, PA
Comparison: about average
Directions: Lancaster County
Phone: (800) 422-5869
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Philadelphia's Hotel Windsor is located right in the middle of things. About 10 blocks walk from either the Museum District, or the Historical area, depending on which direction you go. The room was spacious with 2 double beds, a kichen and 2 walk in closets. Seemed like a good place to stay if you neede to be in Philadelphia on business for awhile, or just simply if you have a LOT of luggage.
It did the job for us, though we only utilized the kitchen for the sake of making tea and coffee in the morning.
The only complaint was that Lou found the bed to be on a slant, with his feet higher than his head. Not the best nights sleep we ever had.
Unique Qualities: The best thing about this hotel was the rooftop pool. Unfortunately it was not open yet, have to wait for summer for that. We were still able to go to the roof and check out the city views at night. Just beautiful!
Address: 1700 BEN FRANKLIN PKWY, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Comparison: more expensive than average
log Cabin Motel
We stayed in the Log Cabin Motel while were went out to western PA to visit Fallingwater. I had seen it on the internet and was dying to stay there. the decor is Log cabin like (who would have guessed) with some very interesting furniture made from natural twigs, branches and logs. Some of the rooms have hot tubs, ours did :) It was a very cozy place to stay. the only downside is there is no breakfast available. We had to drive a little ways to find a diner.
Unique Qualities: The decor is it's biggest selling point.
It is also located right next to Living Treasures animal Park. In fact the LT gift shop is where the "front desk" is located.
You can get a discount if you have an AAA card.
Address: Rt 711 south of rt 31, Donegal, PA
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (27)
- See All Dining in the catacombs
- See All Big Boulder Field at Hickory Run
- See All Airplane Rides over Bucks County
- See All Big Flea Market
- Star Gazing
kazander's Related Pages
Pennsylvania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PENNSYLVANIA - HISTORY AMONGST RURAL SPLENDOUR"
- "Our Favorite Neighbor"
- "Welcome to Pennsylvania!"
- "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"
- "Basaic Pennsylvania Page"
- "Welcome to PENNSYLVANIA"
- "LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pennsylvania
- Hotels in Pennsylvania
- Transportation in Pennsylvania
- Nightlife in Pennsylvania
- Restaurants in Pennsylvania
- Shopping in Pennsylvania
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsylvania
- See All...
Explore the World
- Holiday Inn Express Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
- Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort
- Ibis Basel Bahnhof
- Danhostel Copenhagen
- The Mandakini Pearl - A Royal Residency
- Lambert Beach Resort
- Frances Street Bottle Inn
- The Lodge
- West County Hotel
- Hotel Shree Hari
- Landmark Suites
- Agora Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Ruthin Castle Hotel
Badges & Stats in Pennsylvania
- 97 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Pennsylvania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsylvania
Read real reviews about Pennsylvania Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Top Pennsylvania hotels
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2086 Reviews - 4049 Photos
- Marshalls Creek Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- Mill Run (Fallingwater) Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Gettysburg Hotels
- 403 Reviews - 887 Photos
- Pittsburgh Hotels
- 756 Reviews - 1916 Photos
- Erie Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 180 Photos
- Harrisburg Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 222 Photos
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Lake Harmony Hotels
- 1 Review
- Lancaster Hotels
- 250 Reviews - 340 Photos
- Pymatuning State Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Hershey Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 258 Photos
- York Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Manayunk Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Presque Isle State Park Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 33 Photos