"New York State" Top 5 Page for this destination New York State by kazander

New York State Travel Guide: 23,502 reviews and 53,798 photos

The rest of New York State is very different than it's famous city. A lot of countryside and small towns and beautiful natural scenery.
Although the border is just minutes from my house, I tend to visit "upstate" towards the end of the summer and into fall the most. For me, the place is practically synonymous with autumn. Apple picking is a yearly tradition, that perfect weather and the amazing sweet smells that permeate the air are truly not to be missed.
It's getting to be that time of year again, and I can't wait for more adventures!

2005 has been the year of adventures in New York State, we just can't seem to get enough! It started off with a weekend in Saratoga Springs/Ballston Spa in January. Since then we have visited Niagara Falls, Buffalo, Watkins Glen, New Paltz, Tannersville, and Kaaterskill Falls in the Catskill Mountains. Amazing sights. The highlight of our 2005 New York State adventures will certainly be our wedding in August. The best adventure yet!

Thanks for visiting!

• Last visit to New York State: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2005

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM

Hello Amy, Nice pages. Thank you very much and happy new year to you. Tomas Eriksson :)

• thinking's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Is it safe to travel in the NE now? l enjoyed your NY State pages.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Cheese and antiques, huh? Well, OK! I love the both, so I guess it works!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Amy I like your new York page a lot we move to New York from Singapore about two years ago for example I discovered Storm King Art Centre on your page-- has really good info and photos thanks

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2006 at 5:12 PM

excellent page. i liked ur tips and destinations are gr8. new york state seems like southern ontario to me. many people say even toronto is like nyc, but my husband challenges it and says these are two very different cities in every respect :-)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2005 at 12:09 PM

The Jack O' Lanterns look wonderful! Gorgeous new photos & updates, Love the Tepee! The Rennaisance Fair sounds fun & a great place for people watching! Interesting page, Well done Amy, gorgeous photos, One of the best pages on VT! q(~_~)p

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 1:35 AM

We plan a journey in NY State. Trout House Village seems wonderful. Great Tips! Thank you.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 7:52 AM

Excellent updates, showing the BEST side of New York. It's always fun to do a little vicarious touring with you and Lou.

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 7:08 AM

Finally, to Watkins.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 6:37 PM

Your NY in autumn tip reminds me of the time we were near Ticonderoga and Ausable Chasm. Just beautiful. And DRIVE-IN MOVIES. So cool. This Star Wars generation doesn't know what they're missing.

kazander Used To Live Here!

kazander

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”

Badges & Stats in New York State

Have you been to New York State?

Latest Activity in New York State