"DALI" Top 5 Page for this destination Figueres by kazander
Figueres Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 443 photos
The Dali Theater Museum is a Surrealist object/building created by the artist Salvadore Dali to house his work. It is an incredible place with many of his paintings, sculptures, jewelery, instalations and even his remains! He is buried in a crypt in the heart of this building. Figueres was the artist's hometown.
Among the things you will see is the "rainy cadillac" a sculpture in the center courtyard. It is a car, complete with passengers, that when you put a euro in it will rain inside of the vehicle. You will also see paintings ranging from giagantic to teeny tiny. There are some self portraits, including a ceiling piece that has you looking up at him and his wife Gala from below their feet.
If you are a fan of his work or not, you should find this museum to be a great place to visit.
- Pros:Dali Musuem
- Cons:Not much else
- In a nutshell:The Museum is definately worth the trip!
The Dali Museum does not allow you to bring in backbacks, or large bags. This meant I could not bring my camera bag! I... more travel advice
Antoni Pixtot is the director of the museum and was a friend and collaborator of Salvador Dali. The four monsters in the... more travel advice
kazander's Related Pages
Figueres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Home of Salvador Dali"
- "day trip to Dali’s birthplace"
- "Dali and a lot of restaurants"
- "salvador dali at his best"
- "Figueres ; Salvador Dali's sweet hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Figueres
- Hotels in Figueres
- Transportation in Figueres
- Restaurants in Figueres
- Shopping in Figueres
- Warnings and Dangers in Figueres
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Figueres
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Figueres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Figueres
Photos in FigueresSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos