"A summary of my (fairly) recent travels" kazander's Profile
I am beyond far behind on updates...we've been ridiculously busy and I have been lazy. I have a million tips to write... sorry for no new news!
And I am even further behind, will i ever catch up??? Since Alaska we have also traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway, Went to California to finally see Yosemite (and Kings Canyon/Sequoia AND Big Sur) and I went to Belize and Guatemala!!! One of these days I will catch up...hopefully
Last summer we went to Alaska!
We had a wonderful trip, and our host and hostess, Bobby (ClarkRB) and Katey (PA2AKgirl) went truly above and beyond to make sure we had a fantastic time. We were able to see so much in such a short time. Bobby even arranged some glorious weather for us! Now that is some weather guy!
Now I will get around to building an Alaskan page, hopefully sooner rather than later, but really you must check out Katey's Alaska page. Check out Bobby's many Alaskan pages as well. Good stuff:)
These guys are the bee's knees, I don't know that I will ever be able to thank them enough. Next time we visit, I'll treat them to the best burgers in the valley, SeRiouSly. That ought to do it. Don't worry Bobby, we'll bring our own beverages. :P
All of the photographs were taken by myself or my husband. They are all copywrited, please do not use them without permission. if you are interested in prints or for using them in any way, please contact me
Next thing on the agenda is a road trip down to Georgia, it's not for a while though.... We're hoping to see a bit of Shenandoah National Park, the Blue Ridge Parkway and HOPEFULLY, but not so likely, Great Smokey Mountains National Park. :)
Here are Louis and I on another one of our roadtrips. When ever we have a free day we like to jump into the car and find something fun to do, somewhere new to explore. I usually do the research, and he usually does the driving. Lucky for me, he's pretty much up to going any crazy place I might suggest. He's my partner in crime, and the love of my life:)
In March we did the Grand Circle in Utah (and a little bit of Arizona!) and one night in Vegas.... A good start has been made on my Zion National Park page, which makes sense since that is where the good start was made on our trip! I also started my Bryce Canyon National Park and Arches National Park pages.
In May we ran down to New Hope for a very lovely afternoon.
In June, we ventured out to the Hamptons for a little R & R (ooh and KAYAKING!)
In July we spent some time around the Delaware River in New Jersey. We explored the towns of Milford and Frenchtown. There are a couple of new tips on the NJ page.
In August we ventured to Alaska!
In mid march we took a wonderful, relaxing trip to Puerto Rico
In April we did a little day trip to Hickory Run State Park in PA.
In May and June we went up to Woodstock, NY
In June we went toNorth Truro in Cape Cod, Massachusetts . A few days of relaxing by the beach, seeing a lighthouse at sunrise and hanging out in Provincetown...
Spent a relaxing day at Stormking Art Center in NY for a pre b-day celebration
In September we went out west to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Badlands, Devils Tower, Mt Rushmore...ect...The Badlands and Devil's Tower pages are coming along. I'm also updating Yellowstone. Wyoming, South Dakota and some smaller pages yet to come
In October we took a trip down to West Virginia
Any ideas for local excursions in in the tri state area or new england are ALWAYS welcome!
We just love visiting National Parks! They are a photographers paradise, and we simply cannot get enough. Thus far, we have been to 17 of them together. ( Lou has a count of 18 , he can add Joshua Tree to his list, I haven't gotten there yet) I haven't finished all of my pages on the parks, but I'm working on them!
We have been toYellowstone National Park twice, and we'll be back!
GrandTeton National Park
Acadia National Park
Badlands National Park
Saguaro National Park
Grand Canyon National Park
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Arches National Park
Canyonlands National Park
Capitol Reef National Park
Kenai Fjords National Park
Denali National Park
Shennandoah National PArk
Yosemite National Park
Kings Canyon National Park
Sequoia National Park
Although we missed the fireworks in Bostonthis past July, it will always be one of my favorite spots to see them. We have been lucky enough to be up there the past 3 years...we got some great shots! It's a beautiful city, I am so happy we finally had a chance to really explore it
Went to PUERTO RICOin March!!! What a nice break from the cold winter weather in New Jersey. The page is done.(I think) We had a truly incredible time! We are hoping this has sparked the tradition of warm weather destinations for our winter vacas...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlil Gibran”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 1 8 6
- Forum Rank:
- 0 5 2 7 8
- Real Name
- New Jersey, United States of America
- Member Since
- Mar 14, 2003
- 857 Reviews
- 1,397 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 857 Reviews
- 1,397 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 71 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
- kazander and myrtle are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "A summary of my (fairly) recent travels"
- Commented on PA2AKgirl's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Map of the states I've been to...so far"
- updated a Alaska Travelogue "Alaska Check! list..."
- Wrote a Review So Burly! in Alaska Hotels
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Selling Photographs"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 61 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 45 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 41 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Acadia National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of New Brunswick Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos