"I live here" Top 5 Page for this destination Providence by LionPrincess

Providence Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 485 photos

A place to stay

Hmmm, it's tough to say very much since i've only realy been realizing my opportunity here for such a short amount of time.
Providence is great, a tiny city between Boston and NY. But the city isn't realy tiny at all, it has so much to offer, for a foodie at least. With thousands of chef hopefuls running around, and a great base of food eaters, there is no limit to the restaurants in this state. A great meal of any price or taste is only a few minutes in any direction. Being a college city, the nightlife can also be a great time, but can tend to be a little young sometimes too. The scenery is also fabulous here as well. So many beaches and the drives through the tree filled hills are spectacular. When they say the size doesn't matter, they were talking about Rhode Island.

Graduation Weekend

On the 24th of May the culmination of two years of hard work was enjoyed by a select group of people. Starting on Thursday night, my mother and her boyfriend flew in and stayed at Gilberts B&B in Rehoboth, MA.
Friday morning, I had to finish two finals while my best friend flew in from VA. At the end of my last final the two chatty Cathys picked me up and we had cheese steaks, flown in from Newport News, VA. At 4:45 the five of us met up at the airport to greet my father and then we were off to dinner. My landlord met us in Mystic for dinner at Go Fish, the food was great. At about 9:00 we were off to Foxwoods to show the family where I worked and then we went to Mohegan Sun.
After a late night we were all up again at the house on Saturday for a meet and greet with homemade sangria, pepper jelly and crackers. After a while, a friend from class and I headed to our graduation, while our parents followed a little later. At 3:00 the graduation was in full force. Graham Kerr, a phenomenal speaker, kept the entire audience laughing. By 4:45 the ceremony was over, and I was a graduate. I hastily said goodbye to some good school friends, with promises to meet again in September. I waited briefly on the floor of the stadium until the seven of us gathered together again and we got ready for dinner at Cav. By the end of dinner, I had a few minutes to say goodbye to my Virgina Mom, before the entire party was out of gas and ready for bed. And then there were five.
Sunday morning the cold weather had cleared and the group headed to Newport for the day. We parked my dad's car and went to see some of the most magnificent homes in this country. Due to time constraints, we were only able to tour the Breakers before I my father had to leave and then there were four. We walked all around the little shops of the city and then caught a quick lunch at the Pier. By 6:00 we were back at the house to say goodbye to my mom and her man, who had to fly out first thing in the morning. With that last departure, we were back to just the two of us and the crazy graduation celebration had come to a close.

• Pros:Variety
  • Cons:Drivers
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2003

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Hi, Erin. The Strand was also something else some yrs. ago. Not sure if I should mention it here he-he. Seeing you have some Rest. out of Prov. Have you been to: SPAIN REST. in Cran.? From another Rhode Islander. Take care. david

• kooka3's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 7:58 AM

By far, the best Providence page I've seen yet! Excellent writing, especially about the restaurants. I can't wait to see more of your tips on this city and others!

• Makart's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2003 at 1:19 AM

Wish to see your more beautiful pictures.

• Aug 15, 2003 at 11:15 AM

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!! All the Best for you! Wonderful and complete information!!! Nice pages!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2003 at 11:22 PM

a talkative lioness! Nice!!!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2003 at 11:59 AM

Aaahhh yes! This reminds me of my summers in New England! I miss those hot, hazy, humid summers! I drove through Providence once on my way to Boston. Great place to hang for the afternoon! Excellent tips on this page Erin!

• sarabee's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 4:20 PM

Some of my favorite places! Brickway is one of my restaurant tips, too :)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 8:03 AM

Nice page and EXTENSIVE info on your hometown, Erin. Especially good work on the restaurants. I once visited Providence/Woonsocket, but it's been over 10 years!

• May 29, 2003 at 9:04 PM

excellant pictures..good info..

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2003 at 4:50 PM

Great help and insight! Congraduations!!

LionPrincess

“If I haven't gone, I want to go”

Badges & Stats in Providence

Have you been to Providence?

Latest Activity in Providence