"Big Apple" New York City by Alless
New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos
Dating back to the early 1920's, this term refers to all horse racetracks around the city of New York. These tracks were the "big" money courses and the word "apple" refers to the prize. A few years later the term was used by musicians to describe the whole city. In the 1970's the term was used in a NYC tourism ad campaign and became famous.
- Pros:very nice experience...u cannot describe the city that never sleeps!!!
Alless' Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 64 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fortaleza Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gramado Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bùzios 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Santos Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos