"Flowers city Gate" Gramado by Alless
Gramado Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 79 photos
Gramado is an unique touristic small city located in southern Brazil ( Rio Grande do Sul state )and for tourism is the most important city of south region. Your history says it was originally settled in 1875 by Portuguese immigrants. Five years later, the first German immigrants arrived and these were followed shortly after by Italian immigrants from the Italian settlements in Caxias do Sul. So most of the population of Gramado are of German or Italian descent, what we can see it at architecture ( most enxamel - german style ) and about culture and food too , that is all make the romantic Gramado one of most honeymoon destinations of Brazil.In 1913, the town seat was moved to Linha Nova, where now is the town center. At this time, Gramado was an unincorporated township within the municipality of Taquara. Railway arrived in Gramado in 1921, boosting the local economy. Gramado became officially a village in 1937, when Gramado was already known as a summer holiday resort. Gramado became a municipality in December 15, 1954 .Gramado is also known by hydrangeas blossoming in late spring.It hosts importants events like the Festival de Gramado, a major South American film festival; Natal Luz, after november to January - wich the city is covered of lights and special effects shows on the Lake.
Gramado is famous too for being the chocolate fabrics spot who make the most famous chocolate " caseiro " from Brazil.
Very nice and cozy restaurant (Igor Krupp chef), while we taste the delicious food we can listen romantic french... more travel advice
It is a good way to know the city if you are withouit car. Panoramic tour around city, 16 km 1h30m long departure hors... more travel advice
Alless' Related Pages
Gramado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flowers city Gate"
- "gramado,germany in brazil.."
- "GRAMADO - Rio Grande do Sul- BraSil"
- "Gramado - Brazilian Little Switzerland"
- "Am I In Brazil Or Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gramado
- Hotels in Gramado
- Transportation in Gramado
- Restaurants in Gramado
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gramado
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gramado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gramado
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 64 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fortaleza Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gramado Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bùzios 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Santos Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos