"PARATY,,, History and Beauty" Parati by Alless
Parati Travel Guide: 271 reviews and 893 photos
Paraty,,,,is like a dream
The village was founded in 1667 around the Church of "Nossa Senhora dos Remedios", its patron saint.
Paraty (sometimes spelled "parati") had a significant economic importance due to its sugar cane mills (it used to have over 250 distilleries), and the name "paraty" was at a certain time synonym of a very good sugar cane rum.
In the 18th century, the port of Paraty was an important outlet for the gold and precious stones brought on horseback from Minas Gerais State to be shipped to Portugal. However, constant pirate assaults who took refuge in beaches such as Trindade , led to abandoning the gold route, resulting in a great economic isolation.
After the opening of the Paraty-Cunha road, and especially after the opening of the Rio-Santos Highway in the seventies, Paraty became an attraction for Brazilian and international tourism, due to its good state of preservation and thanks to its natural beauties.
Its area comprises the National Park of Bocaina, the Environmental Protection Area of Cairuýu, where the village of Trindade is located , a place of rare beauty, the Park Reserve of Joatinga; it also has limits with the State Park of Serra do Mar. So, Paraty is surrounded everywhere by the Mata Atlantica, the luscious Atlantic Forest.
over 20 years serving good foood with reasonable price. Pizza !!!!!!!!!!!!1 more travel advice
In front of the sea, an ancient restored market marked the period of the "black gold" - coffee - that for many years was... more travel advice
Alless' Related Pages
Parati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paraty - An Oasis of History and Charm"
- "CHARMING PARATI"
- "Parati - Great Colonial Relic"
- "Parati - not just a sleepy seaside town"
- "AH,MY BEAUTIFUL PARATY!"
- "Gold, sea, architecture and life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parati
- Hotels in Parati
- Transportation in Parati
- Nightlife in Parati
- Restaurants in Parati
- Shopping in Parati
- Warnings and Dangers in Parati
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parati
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Parati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parati
Photos in ParatiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 64 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fortaleza Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gramado Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bùzios 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Santos Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (116)
Latest Parati hotel reviews
- Pousada Guarana Hotel
- 247 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 26, 2013
- Pousada Bambu Bamboo
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Pousada Porto Imperial Parati
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 13, 2013
- Pousada Do Sandi
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Othon Pousada Villa Del Sol Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2012