"Porto Alegre bah !" Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre by Alless
Porto Alegre Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 508 photos
Porto Alegre, the largest city in southern Brazil, is the capital of the state of Rio Grande do Sul, land of the Gauchos, and churrasco. The city, located on the Guaiba River, was founded in 1742 by immigrants from the Azores. Since the 19th century the city has received numerous from other parts of the world, particularly Germany, Poland, and Italy. Located at the junction of five rivers, it has become an important alluvial port as well as one of the chief industrial and commercial centers in Brazil. With the advent of the Mercosul accord it should grow and prosper. Products of the rich agricultural and pastoral hinterland, such as soybeans, leather, canned beef, and rice, are exported from Porto Alegre to destinations as far away as Africa and Japan. It has a population of about 1,500,000 inhabitants.
Santa Casa de Misericordia Hospital is a major Hospital based in Porto Alegre. It is reference in Latin America for... more travel advice
Rocco Confectionery is a majestic art nouveau building located on the corner of Riachuelo Street and Doctor Flores... more travel advice
Written Apr 5, 2010
Linha Turismo Panoramic Tour - March, 26,2010
Written Apr 16, 2010
Alless' Related Pages
Porto Alegre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smiling City""
- "MY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "Porto Alegre bah !"
- "Porto Alegre"
- "guilhermebr's Porto Alegre Page"
- "Welcome to Porto Alegre!..."
- "P. Alegre, the Capital of the Brazilian Pampas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Alegre
- Hotels in Porto Alegre
- Transportation in Porto Alegre
- Nightlife in Porto Alegre
- Restaurants in Porto Alegre
- Shopping in Porto Alegre
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Alegre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto Alegre
- 21 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Porto Alegre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Alegre
Photos in Porto AlegreSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 64 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fortaleza Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gramado Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bùzios 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Santos Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos