"Santos, so lovely sea shore city" Santos by Alless
Santos Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 64 photos
Enchanted Beach Garden, makes you feel so relaxed and in peace ...Loved it !
First the city of Santos was known because of its port, Santos is a municipality in the São Paulo state of Brazil, founded in 1543. It is partially located on the island of São Vicente which harbors both the city of Santos and the city of São Vicente, and partially on the mainland. It's the main city in the metropolitan region of Baixada Santista. As of 2003, its population was approximately 437,000. Santos has the biggest seaport in Latin America since at the beginning of century XX ,especially due to exports of coffee; is a significant tourist centre; has large industrial complexes and shipping centres, which handle a large portion of the world's coffee exports; as well as a number of other Brazilian exports including oranges, bananas and cotton. The city also displays the Coffee Museum, where, once, coffee prices were negotiated; the world's longest beach gardens (about 7.3 km); and a football memorial, dedicated to the city's greatest players, amongst which is Pelé.In 1899, Santos was the point of entry for the bubonic plague into Brazil
In the 60s it was the best time of soccer in town, when the city if became famous for hosting Santos Futebol Clube, team of Rei Pelé.
From 2001 the focus of the attentions started to be the green surrounding the entire beach. Brazil discovered that to walk on the biggest beachfront garden of the planet was not a privilege of first world. By incredible that it seems, this pleasure can be enjoyed at 68 km from the capital São Paulo.
Restaurant, Bar, Coffee Shop, Game room, Gym room, Water sports, Beach service, Laundry, Parking. ROOM AMENITIES:... more travel advice
This landmark is in the heart of the city, and at the top it has the Our Lady of Mount Serrat Sanctuary, the patron... more travel advice
Alless' Related Pages
Santos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santos, so lovely sea shore city"
- "Guaruya, the beach of the paulistas"
- "The coastal city Santos"
- "Santos, SAntos by the Sea"
- "trip to guaruja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santos
- Hotels in Santos
- Transportation in Santos
- Nightlife in Santos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santos
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Santos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santos
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 64 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 36 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Natal Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fortaleza Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gramado Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bùzios 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Santos Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petrópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Punta del Este Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos