"Mayan Riviera" Isla Cancùn by Calor
Isla Cancùn Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 31 photos
The Mayan Riviera is located in the County of Quintana Roo.
This place is the complete opposite of Cancun, it's definitely for those who seek rest and relaxation and the comforts of their own hotel.
If you do need to get "out", Playa Del Carmen, a town about an hour or so away, is a great place to visit, for nightlife and shopping.
Nearby, you will find Tulum, and you can visit the Mayan Ruins in Tulum, or an eco-resort called Xel-ha.
Mexico has a lot to offer visitors who either favour more of an upbeat vacation or a low-keyed one.
The picture of the "el nino" above was taken on the Island of Cozumel (notorious for it's diving) as well as cruise-ship visitors.
Hope you enjoy my pages.
- Pros:Quiet, relaxing, beautiful beaches, secluded, great for nature lovers, couples
- Cons:If you like a lot of nightlife and activity this is not the place to visit, Cancun is a better bet.
- In a nutshell:Great place for rest and relaxation.
What would a visit to Mexico be without seeing a mayan ruin? One of the more popular ruins is located at Chitzen Itza.... more travel advice
This town is great for strolling along the streets, just relaxing to have a drink or bite or for shopping. If that is... more travel advice
Calor's Related Pages
Isla Cancùn Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Isla Cancùn
- Hotels in Isla Cancùn
- Transportation in Isla Cancùn
- Restaurants in Isla Cancùn
- Shopping in Isla Cancùn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Cancùn
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Isla Cancùn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cancùn
Photos in Isla CancùnSee All Photos (5)
Top 5 Pages
- Trinidad and Tobago Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Dominican Republic Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Cuba Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Isla Cancùn Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos