"Alphen aan den Rijn" Alphen aan den Rijn by JeanB24
Alphen aan den Rijn Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 100 photos
Alphen aan den Rijn, or just "Alphen", is the village I live in for almost my whole life. There were times that I cursed Alphen, and there were times that I praised Alphen (a little bit more cursing than praising though). Alphen is a part of me. In my opinion you don't need to like every thing about your homevillage, but that doens't mean that it's bad.
I want to show the people on this travelsite the positive things about Alphen. Allthough our local government is not so good in preserving the traditional centre (a lot of it has been demolished the past years for the benefit of ugly new buildings), there are still some nice spots to see in Alphen.
- Pros:quiet village, high life standard, little crime, good sports facilities
- Cons:a lot of forens-people, no real city(night)-life
- In a nutshell:The village I both love and hate.
This is Bospark. As its name says, it's a parc. When the city hall at Burgemeester Visserpark had been completed in... more travel advice
This is d'Oude Pastorie. In the long forgotten past there lived a pastor here, nowadays it's a Bed and Breakfast... more travel advice
JeanB24's Related Pages
Alphen aan den Rijn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alphen, the city in our neighbourhood"
- "Alphen aan den Rijn"
- "ARCHEON, time travelling!"
- "In the middle of the green heart of Holland"
- "The history of Alphen aan de Rijn"
- "SERVAS, Arnound and Ayako"
- "Avifauna bird park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alphen aan den Rijn
- Hotels in Alphen aan den Rijn
- Nightlife in Alphen aan den Rijn
- Restaurants in Alphen aan den Rijn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alphen aan den Rijn
- 13 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alphen aan den Rijn?Share Your Travels