Orlando Off The Beaten Path Tips by Scotsgal
Orlando Off The Beaten Path: 111 reviews and 125 photos
The Ocala National Forest is a gigantic, old established Florida park with several natural springs and lakes, and fantastic hiking, canoeing, fishing and swimming. You can camp anywhere in the park. Three major spring areas make up the park: Juniper Springs (at the park's center), Salt Springs (at the northern end) and Alexander Springs (to the southeast).
The Kennedy Space Center is on Merritt Island, on the eastern side of the Intracoastal Waterway (called Indian River here). The NASA Causeway is the main east-west thoroughfare and begins at the junction of Highway 405 and Highway 1. The Banana River separates the main Kennedy Space Center complex from Cape Canaveral, the site of the first launches of the US space program.
You'll need a car to get to the Space Coast. Greyhound buses only get as close as Titusville, 7 miles (11km) west of the Space Center, off Highway 405.
More Reviews (20)
- See All Back to The future at universal Studios
- See All cool clothes at Lake Buena vista
- See All seafood..yummy!
- Holiday Inn Orlando, FL
- The great shopping!
Scotsgal's Related Pages
Orlando Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
- "orlando florida"
- "take it from a local..."
- ""When You Wish Upon a Star.....""
- "Orlando, Florida"
- "Disney and Universal Studios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orlando
- Hotels in Orlando
- Transportation in Orlando
- Nightlife in Orlando
- Restaurants in Orlando
- Shopping in Orlando
- Warnings and Dangers in Orlando
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orlando
- 22 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orlando
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "How many hours is it on a bus..."
- Commented on one of kop-queen's Orlando travel pages
- updated a Orlando Travel Page "Orlando, Florida"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Orlando, Florida"
- Wrote a Review Back to The future at universal Studios about Universal Studios - Back to the Future in Orlando Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Quebec Intro, 32 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 22 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Europe Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Bretagne Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Universal Studios- 119 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Walt Disney World- 155 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Sea World- 60 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Epcot- 132 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Kennedy Space Centre- 32 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom- 63 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom- 50 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Gatorland- 21 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Universal Studios - Islands of Adventure- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Walt Disney World - MGM Studios- 20 Reviews, 28 Photos
See All Orlando Things to Do