"GLASGOW PAGE" Europe by Scotsgal

Europe Travel Guide: 690,701 reviews and 1,844,521 photos

Glasgow

George Square at Christmas. This is the best time to come to Glasgow as it is all bright and colourful in George Square. There is a also a skating rink set up at Christmas it costs 3 pounds to get in for 1 hour.

Ice Rink in George Square at Christmas

I was in George Square with my friend last year. We went skating...it was a bit wet but it was really good!

This is Buchanan Street. It has lots of shops and cafes. Some of the shops are called :
~ Borders Bookshop
~ Habitat (furniture store)
~ Foot Locker

I was here just before i left Scotland to come to Australia. The shops are great! I would recommend to have 2 days at the shops while visiting Glasgow.

Shopping centres/ streets to cover:
~ Buchanan Galleries
~ Arygle Street
~ Sauchalle Street

• Pros:People are helpful and friendly, excellent choice of shops to choose from, George Square in Winter and Summer
  • Cons:Rains a lot, have a jacket ready
  • In a nutshell:MORE THAN JUST BAGPIPES AND HAGGIS!!
  • Last visit to Europe: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 5, 2004

• Apr 18, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Well, I think you could also take a look at eurobookings.com hotel guide... I honestly love that thing. It gives you a good couple of tips before spending your money in a place you won't enjoy. Check it out at: http://www.eurobookings.com/hotel-guide

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 10:57 PM

A very great place for hoiday, shopping and fun.

• shelnlin's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2004 at 8:55 PM

Great tips here Pamela, I love the comprehensive price list etc... as it is always helpful and yes like oOOo says life would be boring without travel!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2003 at 9:15 AM

Fun tips on the science center and museum. Looking forward to more when you move back. :-)

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2003 at 10:36 PM

I considered there is something more in Europe, except shops and cafes ;-)))

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2003 at 1:53 PM

a wee cup of COFFEE and you've got yourself a deal..no, make that a GIANT Starbuckian cup of coffee! Love all about Scotland though...

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2003 at 3:29 AM

I'd like to see the IMAX theater!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2003 at 6:58 PM

Nice photo and interesting information!

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2003 at 9:30 AM

Love your opening photo! I only visited Scotland for a few days...but it was beautiful!

• Kodi01's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2003 at 7:04 AM

I want to go to Glasgow, sorry I missed it when I went last year! Great pics! :o)

Scotsgal