"Wandering Prince Edward Island's Shores" Rustico by 850prc
Rustico Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos
Prince Edward Island National Park encompasses a slice of the northern Prince Edward Island coast. If you enjoy a gentile oceanside territory, home both to local fisherman and island wildlife - not to mention picturesque and (in some cases historic) buildings and harbors, then you need to spend a bit of time in PEI National Park.
A good place to enjoy the coastline and a tiny village is the Rustico area. Basically, you'll be on Provincial Highway 6, and should follow the signs to "North Rustico". Then, you'll find yourself on a tiny and somewhat forgotten spur road that heads on over to "North Rustico Harbor".
North Rustico Harbor seemed almost deserted, as if the winter quiet had completely arrived... and we were there in mid-September. We could see the occasional lobsterman working on his traps, or making other edificial repairs to homes and small businesses. There was a small and apparently still functional lighthouse - I was frustrated, I could never really get THE photo that I wanted of said lighthouse.
As for the beach, you can walk along the dunes and walk among the coastal grasses, and even survey the beach. As is the case in much of PEI, you'd best know about the tides - they can be severe.
This little fox is OBVIOUSLY not afraid of humans...probably the result of the not-so-wise feeding of park wildlife by visitors. Nonetheless, his coming right to the side of our car gave us a nice little photo to include on our North Rustico Beach area page.
See? I told you the locals are friendly. And look at that winter coat! This little guy is ready for what's coming. :)
My Rustico page is very small, basically it's one tip. I am also building a short photo travelogue so that you can enjoy the calming scenery and feel of this area.
- Pros:A quiet and sedate beach area and community. Very unspoiled.
- Cons:Other than the view, there aren't too many other tourist services. May be tough to find a bite to eat at times.
- In a nutshell:It is what it is, and that's more than enough for me. An unspoiled slice of maritimes living and scenery.
850prc's Related Pages
Rustico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Rustico and the surrounding areas"
- "Wandering Prince Edward Island's Shores"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rustico
- Hotels in Rustico
- Transportation in Rustico
- Nightlife in Rustico
- Warnings and Dangers in Rustico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rustico
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Rustico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rustico
Photos in RusticoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues