"St. Andrews by the Sea" Saint Andrews by 850prc
Saint Andrews Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 38 photos
St Andrews by the Sea, some 30 km southeast of St Stephen and just abeam Passamaquoddy Bay, is a longtime resort town. Settled in part by Crown loyalists who left the USA after the British withdrew, St Andrews has long been a sanctuary for affluent, well-heeled residents and visitors. This is the kind of place that doesn't have a "poor side" of town. The poor side would be more accurately described as the "least wealthy". :)
Although very popular with visitors, St Andrews is still a quiet and reserved place. Home to many shops, galleries and B&Bs, it also boasts one of Atlantic Canada's most famous hotels - the venerable Fairmont Algonquin.
St Andrews is steeped in history and historical buildings. The main town plat of St. Andrews has been designated a National Historic District and many of the more than 250 homes have been marked with descriptive plaques by the St. Andrews Civic Trust.
The town pier, just off Water Street.
For more St Andrews info, check out their town website at
Here's my sweet daugher Sara, outside a candy and taffy shop in St. Andrews. Her sunny smile reflects a sunny day spent in St Andrews.
- Pros:Well-maintained and restored historical buildings, lots of shops and items of interest.
- Cons:Can be a little bit "snooty". (an American word meaning haughty)
- In a nutshell:An "old-time" resort town.
St Andrews has more than its share of picturesque 19th century churches. One of the more famous is the Greenock Church.... more travel advice
If you wander back off Water Street, you'll find yourself in historic neighborhoods that are STILL neighborhood. In... more travel advice
850prc's Related Pages
Saint Andrews Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Saint Andrews
- Hotels in Saint Andrews
- Restaurants in Saint Andrews
- Shopping in Saint Andrews
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Andrews
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Andrews
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Saint Andrews?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Andrews
Photos in Saint AndrewsSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 97 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 69 reviews, 199 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda Intro, 67 reviews, 175 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 61 reviews, 94 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 41 reviews, 98 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Miccosukee Intro, 40 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kennebunkport Intro, 49 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues